Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    armcginley Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 09:42 AM
    Sciatica hurts
    Does anyone have a suggestion regarding healing the sciatic nerve? I'm in pain most of the time. Chiropractors & strong pain killers have not been effective
    Rick2u Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 05:14 AM
    I have had this condition since August 2005 when I drove to Vancouver and back to Northern Ontario. It has reached on a 1-10 severe pain scale, a 15. It comes and goes never leaving 100%. The last seven weeks it has ranged between 8-12. Anything at 15, I cannot get out of bed. I have been taking Flurbiprofen (an anti-imflammatory prescription drug) when the pain reaches double digits. It seems to ease the pain somewhat so I am able to get out of bed. Walking it off afterwards helps mobility. I have read about an operation but have also heard that the success rate is not good. Still looking for that miracle cure.
    chocokobe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 01:44 PM
    my sciatica seemed to come from no where.. the only thing I could think of was changing cars (from left hand drive to right hand drive) and seats at work...

visits to the doctor did nothing - X-ray didn't show anything and anti-inflammatory had little impact.

my break through came from visiting a private physio and discovering piriformis muscle issues..

with working with the physio.. the pain has gone from being chronic and acute.. making life pretty miserable.. too much more manageable. I feel so much better and started to return to more active life..

my blog exactly on this topic..

Sciatica - Piriformis Syndrome

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sciatica Pain or is it ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I wonder can anyone shed any light on my problem. I went to my local Doctor who said there was nothing wrong with me after examining me. I have had a very bad dull pain in my lower back (right side only) when I wake up every morning for about 6 months. The pain usually goes away...

It just hurts so much. [ 7 Answers ]

I don't even know if this is where I should be posting this but I would just like some advice and answers I me this girl while I was in 5th grade and well we became good friends and I thought about asking her out so many times but I didn't have the courage and she ended up dateing someone else for...

Hurts when he puts it in, fine during, hurts when he cums in me. [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know what it is. I went for a pap and I had a bacterial infection and I started taking this medication and afterwards, sex just isn't the same. I mean its so painful. Ive been with this guy for more than a year and we never used a condom but I don't think that has anything to do wit my...

Hurts [ 73 Answers ]

I have been seeing this guy for 8moths . We were pretty steady. I really feel he loves me. He has been hurta lot by woman.. so he keeps saying he don't want any comiments yet I hear a lot of stories about him falling in love with his ex wife agai and hew had been seeing her for a while now. He...

Sciatica [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I hope I spelled it right, I get this pain just above my buttocks /lower back and the doc says sciatica and there is nothing I can do about it only live with, iam 54 years old male ,I am pretty fit just maybe 16 punds over weight any help appreciated regds mike

View more questions Search