Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jan 3, 2006, 12:12 PM
    What date does your lease give as the expiration date? Not every lease is for one year. Also, your lease may state that you have to give 60 days notice. If so then the landlord should have told you that your notice period expires on January 31st, rather than the lease itself. Read your lease carefully to see the expiration date and if there are any notice periods that apply.
    ladys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2006, 06:20 PM
    10 month lease renewal?
    I rent an apartment in the state of Illinois. It's been 10 months living in my apartment. I signed my lease March 28th of last year and I got a letter from the landlord stating my lease is due to expire the end of January 31st.

I called my landlord and I told her that I signed my lease the end of March and she said she was going to look into it. She told me just to send my current information to renew my lease even though my lease is not up until the end of March.

I want to know what are the laws as far as lease renewals.

LadyS

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Month to month lease? [ 10 Answers ]

I live in Neenah, WI. I started renting in Oct. of 2004. My year lease was up in 2005, but on my rental agreement it went to an automatic month to month if no other agreement was signed, I didn't sign another one and it started month to month Oct 2005. On the agreement it said I cannot move out...

Year lease then month to month? [ 9 Answers ]

I live in Los Angeles California. I've lived in my apartment for over 1 year after signing a 12 month lease. Now that the 12 months on the lease are over, my landlord wants me to sign a new 12 month lease. I don't want to sign another 12 month lease. I may go to school in a few months and I'd...

Id Card Renewal [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I was born in Portugal but raised in England so I have a portuguese bilhete de identidade( ID CARD thingy). I have to go to Paris in December but my ID card expired 2years go :mad: . Does anyone know how long it will take me to renew it?? My mum thinks I have no chance of getting it...

Notice required on a month to month lease? [ 9 Answers ]

I signed a 1 year lease that ended on July 31, 2006 in Minnesota. The lease states that if resident stays in the apt after the lease ends, with managements approval, it becomes a month to month lease. I stayed. The notice period stated in the lease is 60 days, effective the last day of the month....

Property convert to month to month? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Wisconsin and I have been renting 2 back to back billboards of which one is subleased. The party did not renew the 5 year lease and the subleasee gave notice they were not renewing their lease. The problem is that the lease ended June 1st and they have not removed their...

View more questions Search