Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blum1390 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 02:57 PM
    401k Real Estate investing
    I would like to invest in some rental properties with the funds from my 401k. I do not want to "borrow" the funds, I want to invest the fund in real estate instead of the stock market. I read somewhere a while back that you can do that with an IRA account. Can any one point me in the right direction on this one?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2008, 04:06 PM
    No, the company that controls your money may invest in real estate, normally commercial buildings or in investment properties.
    You can not take money out of your account and make investments that go to the account.
    blum1390 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 04:21 PM
    I found information on using IRA funds to purchase investment property, but nothing on 401k. Can I transfer money from my 401k to my IRA, or can that only happen when I leave my job?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Investing 401K into real estate [ 1 Answers ]

I read in the local newspaper that you could invest your 401K into buying real estate property and that it steal would be considered a 401K investment and not taxable until redeemed?

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

Cashflow Real Estate investing [ 10 Answers ]

I have a goal this year to purchase one investment property in Northern California where I live. I have found a broker who says he can help me find a cashflow investment with 100% financing. To me this is exactley what I want but seems to good to be true, especially in today's real estate market....

Real Estate [ 3 Answers ]

Does any one here know about real estate. I'm wondering which aspect of the whole career is best as in buying a house fixing it up and selling or going through companies. Or if they are two totally different things in all. Just any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Real Estate Investing [ 3 Answers ]

Can a real estate investment, LLC be established without having an associates or brokers license. If there is no desire to represent the general public as an agent in buying or selling real estate and the only goal is to buy and sell real estate as an investment business for oneself. My question...

View more questions Search