Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jan 3, 2006, 03:56 PM
    Sleep
    Hi I always go to sleep around 3 or 4 am then wake up between 7 or 8.
    Is this normal as I don't feel tired. Thanks
    qwertyman Posts: 109, Reputation: 15

Jan 3, 2006, 04:11 PM
    I'm guessing your under 30 years of age, right?
    Technically 4 hrs of sleep is not enough for most people, including me. Actually 6-8 hrs is the average time needed for average people... You are extraordinary... If this has been going on for some time and you don't any losses to you physical and mental health, then you are one of those people that only needs 4 hrs of sleep... I'm jealous.

Jan 3, 2006, 04:12 PM
    Lol yes I'm 14
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 3, 2006, 09:50 PM
    Manut, your really young, a boy your age shouldn't be up so late. Teenagers need about 8 to 9.5 hours of sleep per night, but many don't get the sleep that they need. And as they progress through puberty, teens actually need more. Sleep loss interferes with your learning in school. Lack of sleep also damages people's ability to do their best in athletics. So try not to stay up so late and get a good night's sleep.
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Jan 3, 2006, 10:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettynPetite1
    Manut, your really young, a boy your age shouldn't be up so late. Teenagers need about 8 to 9.5 hours of sleep per night, but many don't get the sleep that they need. And as they progress through puberty, teens actually need more. Sleep loss interferes with your learning in school. Lack of sleep also damages people's ability to do their best in athletics. So try not to stay up so late and get a good night's sleep.
    Yup. It is a serious problem for a growing teenager. Manutd4eva, please get some professional help. BTW, go ManU!

Jan 4, 2006, 12:12 AM
    Lol the last bit

Thanks for all your advice but if I go to bed early I wake up early and go back to sleep and wake up late lol
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2006, 05:02 AM
    Sleep
    Hi,
    You have received some good answers.
    Wish I were 14 again!
    As another said, the normal sleep required by most is around 8 hours.
    If your sleep time works for you, I don't see any problem.
    I have known others on jobs who get only about 5 hours of sleep at night, and keep going, wide awake. They were in their 40's. I could never do that!
    Best of luck.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2006, 05:16 AM
    How long has this been going on?

Your body can handle it for a short period - or off and on, but if you go more than several days with under 5 hours of sleep - your body and brain will suffer.
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 4, 2006, 07:07 AM
    You're 14? You are very smart. Why are you staying up so late?That is not good for you. I do know what you mean though because I stayed up three days straight once and never got tired at all. I was like a very energetic monkey and it was after sleeping one night on a brand new couch.

Jan 4, 2006, 10:47 AM
    Lol energetic monkey:)

This has been going on since about August I was going to bed late there and when I came back I never could go too bed at 11 like I used too so have staye up and went too bed from around 2-3.30/4 most nights and I nearly always wake up about 7.30 to go to school or go on the net

Thanks 4 all your replys everyone
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 4, 2006, 12:12 PM
    Sleeping
    You said that this started around Auguest, was this around the 6 weeks holidays by any chance?? You may find that you have gotten yourself into the habit of not sleeping... Have you tried having a warm milk drink or that other warm drink that is meant to help you sleep ? Also have you had things on your mind lately as this also can keep you from sleeping.

Jan 4, 2006, 12:21 PM
    Yep bang in the middle of the holidays. I don't really have nothing on my mind except my exams nxt week but I didn't know about them in August only found out two weeks ago lol :eek:

Jan 4, 2006, 12:29 PM
    Internet
    This non sleeping would not also be around the time you got the internet also would it?? :D

Jan 4, 2006, 12:31 PM
    Lol nope got the internet after and I normally just play football manager

Jan 4, 2006, 12:54 PM
    Insomnia
    Do you get tired in the day time and fall asleep? Or once your up your up ?

Jan 4, 2006, 12:55 PM
    Nope once I'm awake I don't go bk to sleep

Jan 4, 2006, 12:59 PM
    As long as you do not feel that this is making any harm to your body and your OK, I don't think you have got anything to worry about... But if I was you, I'd try and get myself back into going to bed early and having a milky drink and then just lay in bed and drift off -- try some chilling music or something -- And if you wake up or can't drift off, it good not to have a clock that you can see and also just lay there and before you know it if your chilled enuff you'l be back in the ZZZzzZZZzzZZZZzzzZZZzzzz:cool:

Jan 4, 2006, 01:03 PM
    lol zzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZ

I would have like hot chocolate before my exam day but no clock = I will be late and miss it lol -at least I wouldn't be bored for however long it is lol

Jan 4, 2006, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by manutd4eva
    lol zzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZ
    no clock = i willbe late and miss it lol -at least i wouldnt be bored for however long it is lol
    I think you need to chill and not worry about the exams, as long as you do your studying and don't try and cram it all in at once you should not have a problem.

With the clock hide your alarm somewhere in your room that you can not see it, as clock watching keeps your mind active and your eyes open lol :D but make sure it easy to find when it goes off pmpl

Jan 4, 2006, 01:14 PM
    Pmsl that would wake me up if I couldn't find it lol.

Thanks 4 your replys

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sleep [ 7 Answers ]

Is it true that you can die faster by not getting any sleep, then by not getting any food? I know this probably has been touched on before. Does anybody have any sleeping issues? Problems? Have you dealt with them or is it still haunting you. For me, sitting here on my computer, feeling...

Should l have my pup sleep in my bed? [ 4 Answers ]

Would we get more sleep if we allowed our pup to sleep in our bedroom? Im not sure which way we should go with this stick it out and let her keep sleeping in her crate in a separate room but then we wake up at 5:30am, or have her in our bedroom but keep her in her crate or just let her sleep with...

Now she won't sleep at all [ 5 Answers ]

It has been a week of crate training so far for our 10 week old beagle. We had some problems with her pooping in her crate, found out she had worms and diharia, stool is now firm sometimes and super loose others. She is on a pill for her diharia and we gave her her worm pill last night. She is...

MY dog won't sleep! [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 18 month old dog. The past few weeks he has decided he doesn't want to sleep through the night. We are staying at the in-laws at the moment and so he has been sleeping in the bedroom in his own bed. For some reason now he won't sleep through the night and he either wants to get on the bed...

Sleep [ 12 Answers ]

I have a question that is for anyone who knows anything about sleep disorders or dream interpretations. Anyone think they can help?

View more questions Search