Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afitz Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 11:42 AM
    What happens at a mediation
    I was wondering if anyone can tell me what exactly happens in mediation. My husband has as according to his parenting agreement sent his ex a letter of complaint. I know she will refuse to go to this mediation, for one reason on another. What could happen in court if the judge finds out she refused mediation? Has anyone ever had this happen.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2008, 01:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by afitz
    I was wondering if anyone can tell me what exactly happens in mediation. My husband has as according to his parenting agreement sent his ex a letter of complaint. I know she will refuse to go to this mediation, for one reason on another. What could happen in court if the judge finds out she refused mediation? Has anyone ever had this happen.

Has the Court ordered mediation or has your husband simply requested his X to go?
    afitz Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 03:54 PM
    It is in their parenting agreement that if there is a complaint they are to go to mediation to try and solve issue first. This was a court order signed by a judge in agreement by both parties.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mediation experience [ 6 Answers ]

Anything anyone can tell me about mediation would be a huge help. Specifically, child custody.

Mediation how to [ 2 Answers ]

I could use any info about mediation that anyone might know.

Mediation [ 2 Answers ]

My friend took a dna test and the child is his. She's 2 1/2 months old now and he is seeking 50/50 joint custody, what is his chance of getting it? I think the judge will not give him joint custody because the child is so small and has been living with the mother since birth. And also will the...

Divorce mediation rip off [ 5 Answers ]

This is complicated. I'll try to keep it short. Here goes. My wife moved out of the house and left me with our 2 children. I filed for divorce. When she got the papers she lied and said the kids were living with her and therefore got temporary custody. While she had temporary custody, she moved...

Mediation or Insurance? [ 10 Answers ]

I accidentally bumped into the car in front of me and caused a small crack on the back bumper of the car in front. However, because of the crack, the driver says he needs to replace his whole bumper which would probably cost over $600. He said he will not call my insurance if I agree to give...

View more questions Search