Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CGUL Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 10:24 AM
    Home repairs
    The hot water pressure in my bathroom wash basin has lost a lot of pressure. All the rest of the taps throughout the house are o.k. what could be the cause?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 8, 2008, 11:45 AM
    If it is just the hot water on the one tap I would open the valve and inspect for debris, usually white. Is this a one handle faucet or separate for hot/cold? If you want help with opening and cleaning the valve just let me know.

Jan 9, 2008, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    If it is just the hot water on the one tap I would open the valve and inspect for debris, usually white. Is this a one handle faucet or separate for hot/cold? If you want help with opening and cleaning the valve just let me know.

The faucets are separate for hot and cold. However over night I have no hot water coming from hot water faucet in wash basin. All the rest of the hot water taps in the house seem o.k. If I was open the valve how would I go about doing that?

Jan 9, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Shut off the supply to the faucet at the stop below the sink if there is one, if not then shut down the main and open a faucet somewhere in the house to blow off pressure. Remove the handle from the hot faucet and the hex nut on the stem. Once the hex is removed open the faucet and the stem should come out. Place apowel over the opening and hold down while someone else opns and quickly closes the supply water. That should clear the debris, also chcek the spout for any screen or aerator that may also be collecting debris.

Jan 10, 2008, 06:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CGUL
    the hot water pressure in my bathroom wash basin has lost a lot of pressure. All the rest of the taps throughout the house are o.k. what could be the cause?
    Managed to to get the tap head off but not able to release tap valve, tried spanners, wrench and WD40. Eventually gave up and put tap head back on. Truned water supply back on and strangley enough water pressure came back.

Thanks for your help

Jan 10, 2008, 09:01 AM
    When I said, "open the faucet and the stem should come out" I should have been more detailed. You need to unscrew the stem just like if you were opening the faucet to get water, keep turning it counterclockwise untilit comes out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lease provided repairs vs. Design/decorative repairs? [ 2 Answers ]

Since buying our home we have painted various rooms, replaced old doors with new nice wooden ones and changed out the old closet doors also for new ones. We have re-done the trim work (baseboards and door/window frames) in these areas too. The rest of the home is in good condition, but not newly...

Repairs and responsibility [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I called my landlord and left messages Sunday night, and then again all day on Monday to get someone here to fix my plumbing problems. The problem that I have is the toilet and bathroom sink are backing up into my tub. Now my tub is full of brown crappy water. You can't run any water in the...

Internal repairs [ 1 Answers ]

I am a bookkeeper in a repair shop the employs vehicles that make road repairs. In this instance though, the vehicle needing the repair is our own. We just switched computer systems recently, and this new system requires us to create a full invoice for this kind of transaction. Prior to this,...

Ceiling repairs [ 2 Answers ]

I am doing some remodeling in an old farmhouse. The original ceiling is the lath and plaster. The previous owner then covered it by gluing ceiling tiles directly to the ceiling. My initial intent was to cover the ceiling tiles with a new layer of "blue board" and have it replastered. However my...

View more questions Search