Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rwstotz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 08:51 AM
    Double shower questions
    Hi,
    I'm planning a new double shower, with 2 separate faucets and shower heads, will standard supplies be sufficient or is there a way to increase my volumes ?
    Thanks, Ron
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 8, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Do not hok these two showers together in series off the same pipe. Try to get back to the main hot pipe and make two separate taps. Use 1/2" or larger for your supplies. The maker of the shower valve will specify the correct size for your model. If it's a Moen I hope you are a visual learner, it's all pictures and almost no wording in the install instructions.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rwstotz
    Hi,
    I'm planning a new double shower, with 2 separate faucets and shower heads, will standard supplies be sufficient or is there a way to increase my volumes ?
    Thanks, Ron
    You should branch off from a trunk that is a minimum of 3/4".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two questions: No insulation in shed, remodeled shower. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, First I'd just like to say that this is the best thing since cheesecake. I'm loving all the information I'm able to obtain through this web site. It's the best. Two questions: 1. I know this is probably a dumb thought, but I'm going to ask any way. I'm trying to cut corners on my...

Using shower drain for washer - questions [ 3 Answers ]

Thanks in advance for any help on my following questions. I am moving our washer/dryer to an existing bathroom. I plan on using what was a shower drain for the washer. We are on a slab and I believe the shower drain is vented already. I plan on installing a check valve to prevent back flow. I...

Double Combo vs Double Tee [ 24 Answers ]

Hi All, The drains of my two storey home drain to one point at my basement ceiling, and then vertically to the basement floor via a 3" DWV pipe to a 4" sanitary tee that horizontally provides 1) a clean-out and 2) drain to the septic out the foundation wall. The center-line of the 4" sanitary is...

New shower/tub drain questions [ 3 Answers ]

I have received a permit to move my existing whirlpool to a new location and install a shower in the old whirlpool location. I have 3 questions: 1. I will be cutting into an existing 3" PVC drain and adding a 3x2x3 wye. From the wye I will have a short run of 2" pipe and then another wye...

View more questions Search