Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timbob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 06:05 AM
    much needed
    The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 06:15 AM
    Make sure that your settings you enter the client are as configured on both the SMTP and Pop servers
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Some antivirus programs such as Norton can cause these errors - try disabling their email scanning features.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Jan 11, 2008, 10:40 AM
    The very first part of your message states that the host 'smtp' could not be found. I am assuming that your email program is trying to contact a SMTP server named 'smtp'. This can not work since it is not a valid server name. The SMTP server name would have to be something like for example: mx1.hotmail.com or mail.earthlink.net.

What Internet Service Provider do you use? What is the part of your email address after the @ sign?
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Whenever I get that message I close my email program, restart my computer and 99.9% of the time it works just fine when I restart. If all of your email settings are correct try disabling the virus scanning ONLY on your email program. If that doesn't help it could be server issues. Contact your ISP.

Hope this helps...

Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend needed [ 5 Answers ]

I've tried so many times to get a girlfriend. I got 1 but after 2 months she said that she's letting me go for another person. I am a boy and I am after a girlfriend if you would like to be it ( be between 12-14) then post here From a guy called lewis waring:cool:

Help needed [ 4 Answers ]

I have taken my maltese to the vet and spent a mint to get her ear free of wax buildup but it continues to come back very often and I simply can't pay 100 dollars every time it builds up in her ear . I will get the wax out then it comes back and looks like the color of mud down deep in her ear...

Help needed [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, Please everyone, I need help in doing my project, I don't know how to start and I'm a law student. Please I need your help as soon as possible. Thank you.

Help needed [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Kadam and I am going to file taxes for 2005 soon. I was on OPT from July 2004 to July 2005. Then I applied for H-1B which got approved Dec 23rd 2005 but I joined employer only on Jan 1 2006. I did not work between July 2005 and Dec 2005. I have worked on OPT for just 3...

Help needed [ 2 Answers ]

Yo man how ru.. how is everyhting.. I am sorry to bother u.. // umm I am in trouble I like this girl and I want to date her but the problem is that she said she likes someone else but if she stops fancing him she will go out with me,. and when ever I send her a message trough my phone she never...

View more questions Search