Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    apetty32 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Iphone/ipod touch
    I have an iPod touch and when I take it to school I want to connect to the internet/wifi but there is no connection. I was mainly wondering if there is any small wifi type thing I can plug into the usb port or something that will give me wifi on my touch. All the computers have just normal internet and I usually am by one so it doesn't have to be a long rage one. I also want it to be just like a thing where I plug it into the computer (whatever I plug it into) and go to my iPod and I have internet. I don't want to have to do any set up on the computer. I really appreciate your help. Also if you can give me a link to the web page I can buy it at or when I can get it at that would be very helpful..
    Thanks again
    Apetty

PS my school has internet but not wifi. I just want to make that wifi with something really small and I don't care if its breaking the rules. I just need to make the internet they have wifi without anyone knowing..?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 02:21 PM
    The itouch doesn't need an antenna. It should just work just fine as long as there's a wireless connection. Perhaps your school doesn't have a wireless connection?

Also, it could be possible that if your school DOES have a wireless connection, that it is protected by a password.
    Astin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 02:29 PM
    The only way you could do that is by either joining an already exsisting wirless network or by purchasing a wireless router and plugging it into the already existing network. At that point, you will be able to get you iPhone online.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Thing is, it "might" be against the rules to route your school's network.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 7, 2008, 04:05 PM
    We here at AMHD cannot help you get around any sort of administrative restrictions imposed on a School, Work, or any other network not owned and operated by yourself. These restrictions can include (but are not limited to): Website Blocking policies, Software Installation policies, Email retention policies, Software Configuration policies, Network/Internet usage policies, Network Configuration policies, Forum or Chat Room Bans, Game Server Bans, or any other actions that are deemed "unauthorized" by the owners/administrators of the network in question. Any actions by members of AMHD that would be offered to help in this manner would directly violate the site's TOS

Question Closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How is the Ipod Touch? [ 5 Answers ]

Is the Ipod touch worth its money? Is it so touch sensitive that if its in my pocket will it start clickign things on its on? Does it have a hold button? Any bugs with it? Tell me how it is!

IPhone song [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I amsure lot sof you have seen the iPhone's comercial on TV. I LOVE the background music, does anyone know where can find the background music of it and what is its name(if it has a name)?:) Thank you in advance

View more questions Search