Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdiva45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Water Hose Leaking
    I had Stanley Steemer to come to my home to clean my carpet. I needed to hook up their machine to my water hose outside only to find out that when they turned on the water hose, water was leaking. Is this a sign that my pipes are busted?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 8, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Where exactly was the water leaking? Did you have a frost proof outside spigot?
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Jan 8, 2008, 04:12 PM
    To elaborate a bit: if water is leaking from where the hose meets the spigot, then that merely means that the washer just inside the hose is either faulty or missing. If, however, water is leaking from where the spigot body meets the house wall, that can indeed mean serious trouble.

Hope this helps,
    Moishe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower Hose Leaking, removed hose pipe drips [ 5 Answers ]

Previously it was leaking at the top where shower hose goes onto the threads of the pipe at top, I wrapped the threads with teflon tape so that now that part is dry, no leaking, but the hose continues to leak at the bottom (hand held piece). I totally unscrewed the shower hose from the pipe and see...

Leaking Frost Free Hose Bib [ 1 Answers ]

I have a brand new house. If the frost free hose bib with anti-siphon is turned in the on position and either a sprinkler or sprinkler timer is installed, water drips out from the bottom of the valve stem. What would be the cause of this? I know that there is back pressure on the anti-siphon but...

Leaking Hose Sprayer [ 1 Answers ]

Recently we have developed an interesting quirk - when you turn on the kitchen faucet, water leaks out of the spray head on the hose sprayer. Any ideas why this would be happening? Thanks

Leaking antisiphon hose bib [ 3 Answers ]

I have a severe leak under lthe grey cap of lmy antisiphon hose bib. Can this be fixed, or do I have to replace the whole hose bib?

Leaking drain hose [ 1 Answers ]

My drain hose that is attached to the washer and drains into the wall is leaking at the connection from the washer. How do you tighten the clamp? Is it possible I need to get a new clamp? So far I have cleaned up 2inch standing water 3 times in my laundry room. Each time I think I have it tight...

View more questions Search