Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 01:23 PM
    Just another Clinton trick?
    New York Times: "PORTSMOUTH, N.H. — In perhaps her most public display of emotion of the presidential campaign, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton’s eyes welled with tears, and her voice cracked dramatically on Monday, as she talked about holding up under the rigors of the race and her belief that she is the best candidate for the Democratic nomination."

Shall we bow? Or barf?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2008, 01:46 PM
    She knows somehow that America is not going to cave into her "demands" to be President no matter how hard she pouts. I feel she is going to quit shortly or become Obama's running mate. America's had enough of the Clintons, I hope and have smartened up a tad.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 02:58 PM
    I'm going to have to invoke another Bill the Cat response...
    Attached Images

shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2008, 03:02 PM
    I saw that too, George, and wanted to vomit but I left my barf bag in my truck. So she resorts to tears - the poor little picked on girl. She cannot have it both ways - play with the boys and yet be a little girl. What a drama queen.

Love that cartoon, Speechless.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    Just another Clinton trick?
    Hello George:

Everything she does from the moment she wakes up till she closes her eyes is scripted and then polled before that.

excon
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2008, 03:19 PM
    You hit the nail on the head with that one, excon.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Yes, feel sorry for the poor "women" I am a victim to the male society,
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2008, 05:10 PM
    I figure if a woman wants to play in the same ballpark as a man, she ought to be able to stand everything that comes with it - or pack up and leave.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 03:24 AM
    Edmund Muskie's campaign for the presidency was derailed when he cried in NH. Perhaps a women candidate can get away with it but I would be cautious of peeling away the veneer of toughness.
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 05:59 AM
    She will get no criticism from the mainstream press; in fact, if she were the president today with the war in Iraq, the press would nominate her for sainthood.
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 06:02 AM
    Indeed . In fact we are still in the "quagmire " in Kosovo .
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Jan 8, 2008, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    Shall we bow? Or barf?
    I vote for "barf". But then again, I felt that way about her before she turned on the water-works. I feel that way every time I see her face.

If it was fake, then screw her and her dramatics. If I want an actor for President, I'll vote for Thompson. At least he's a GOOD actor.

If it was real, then what kind of president would she make if she can't keep her emotions under control? Is she going to break down in tears and complain how hard it is to keep up her spirits during a negotiation with Ahmadinejad or Chavez or Musharaf? Is she going to complain about the pressure the next time there's some presidential-level crisis to handle?

Does anyone think that this little show aided her in any way?

Elliot
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine

If it was fake, then screw her and her dramatics. If I want an actor for President, I'll vote for Thompson. At least he's a GOOD actor.
    You've already got a good actor in charge!
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    You've already got a good actor in charge!
    Then why does he always flub his lines?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    Then why does he always flub his lines?
    They aren't flubbed. It's how they are written for him. It's all part of the drama!
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Update : apparently the crying game worked well for Evita :

Hillary Clinton campaign chairman Terry McAuliffe called the victory in New Hampshire a "big, big win" speaking to reporters here at the rally, and said Clinton's emotional moment yesterday provided a late boost to her campaign.

Asked whether her teary episode made a difference, McAuliffe said, "Sure it did. You bet. Because people saw how passionate she was about the issues."

Look for this to be a theme of the campaign going forward. "People got to see Hillary Clinton," he said, the person he's known for 27 years. "She is a woman who feels deeply about the issues."
    One day soon Im gonna tell the moon about the crying game
    And if he knows maybe hell explain

Why there are heartaches, why there are tears
    And what to do to stop feeling blue
    When love disappears
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2008, 09:16 AM
    The polling and the outcome really diverged. What we have is a race on both sides. This is going to be an interesting and historic Winter. I expected Hillary to get whipped yesterday. What is her line: "I listened to you and found my voice" (?). Barf, barf, barf, etc. etc. Obama is going to test her and the electorate; the American people are going to be confronted by the Dems, not so much with substance, but with packaging and marketing. It's going to be fun if you like this kind of stuff.
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2008, 09:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    They aren't flubbed. It's how they are written for him. It's all part of the drama!
    Ah, so all those years of "Bushisms" were planned? :)
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2008, 09:37 AM
    It's interesting that the media is playing up the fact that she won the female vote. A month before the NH primary her support among women dropped 10 percent which is what put Obama ahead in the polling. So, if tears put Hillary over the top I have to ask the women just what is it you're voting for anyway? I'd hate to think women are voting on emotion...
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2008, 10:03 AM
    That is exactly what most of them vote on; Bill would never have gotten anywhere without the female vote.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone surprised by Clinton [ 6 Answers ]

Clinton who had led against all prospective GOP opponents earlier this year, a Zogby Poll shows, would lose to every one of the top five Republican presidential contenders if the election was held now. On the other hand, Barack Obama of Illinois and John Edwards of North Carolina would defeat or...

Clinton worries Democrats' leaders [ 54 Answers ]

Seems the Dems' worries keep increasing. First it was talk of how success in Iraq would be a problem for them, now their front runner has them concerned about hurting the rest of their slate. Looks like Hillary is a nightmare for both sides, those who think she's may cost them the house or...

Chealsea Clinton [ 1 Answers ]

Why is Chealsea Clinton so ugly? Because her real father is Janet Reno.

Clinton a joke? [ 13 Answers ]

This is from a discussion started here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/politics/25172.html#post114395 Since it goes off topic, I decided to move it into its own thread. Disclaimer, I'm taking one quote from Fred's answer. The rest of the answer I agree with.

View more questions Search