Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alyssarox32 Posts: 70, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 07:00 AM
    Constant Headaches
    For the past couple of months my boyfriends had been getting headaches like crazy, but only at night. He doesn't really get them during the week but when he is home on the weekends he does. I believe its because he's tired. What could it be?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2008, 07:17 AM
    It sounds like a classic case of tension headaches. He is not physically tired but emotionally or mentally drained from his job. I would suggest he go see a doctor to rule out any physical problem like migraines. He should try to pin down why he is getting these headaches... is it due to a co-worker, a demanding boss, etc. I used to get migraines and bad headaches due to the stress of my job. I would really have the headaches so bad on Saturdays that I would have to stay in bed to recover all weekend. Have you tried giving him a neck and back massage for about 20 or 30 minutes at a time? He needs to be able to relax when he comes home from work.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2008, 10:11 AM
    There is a headache labeled "weekend headache" which is exactly what twinkiedooter said. Generally the lack of stress causes the headache on the weekend. He probably nneds to remove the weekly stress before the weekend headaches improve.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 02:56 PM
    I tend to disagree. My experience is that tension/stress headaches happen in proximity in time to the stressor.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2008, 05:10 PM
    Let me quote: "Another migraine pattern is the "weekend headache". Typically a somewhat stressed worker will not have migraines dispite a very active work week. On Saturday morning, however, she wakes up with a severe migraine headache and is further debilitated by nausea and vomiting."

Three explanations were given:
    1) sudden release of stress
    2) Oversleeping
    3) Cafeine withdrawal

From p80-81 of "Migraine and other Headaches" William B. Young and Stephen D. Silberstein.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2008, 07:42 PM
    There are so many different type headaches.
    Does he get cluster headaches or is it on one side or the other, more in his forehead, temples, or back of head and neck?

You could try
    • Aromatherapy oils that may help relax muscles and ease headache pain include lavender, eucalyptus, wintergreen, peppermint, and rosemary. Aromatherapy oils can be applied through massages, baths, and vaporization.

This site has a lot about all the different type headaches.

Migraine Headaches: Nutritional causes, therapies, remedies & prevention

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Headaches [ 3 Answers ]

I have one problem which has troubled my hear for a period of years. I occasionally have a headaches that does not stop me from working and if I take the some of the pain killer it does not end and if it does it will be for a short period. I last year went to hospital and I was told that I have a...

Constant headaches and vomiting [ 9 Answers ]

Hi there, my girlfriend recently went to the Doctors because of constant headaches and vomiting, then the Doctor got a bit panicky and booked her a hospital appointment for a blood test and said he'd be there as well to take the results. This doesn't seem normal at all, especially for a UK...

Headaches or something else [ 1 Answers ]

My friend has always suffered with headaches even during his childhood. I've talked to him about it and he won't give me any lead as to what is causing them. I don't know much about the headaches, but I do know that he used to have clinic visits for them and he was taking some kind of medicine....

Headaches [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am prone to headaches, usually around my period. I am a 23 year old female and have had a headache for two weeks straight(its not around my period) and was wondering if its normal to have a headache this long. I have taken over the counter prescription, nothing, called my doctor but because...

Headaches [ 5 Answers ]

I get headaches often (occationally migranes) but for the last two days I have had one quite different. Whenever I get up (from sitting, standing etc) it starts to hurt. In the beginning it was a little left of the top of my head and was VERY painful. It continued to bother me whenever I got up....

View more questions Search