Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smith478 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2006, 06:40 PM
    My c drive doesn't open?
    My cd rom drive has a disk in it and now I can't get it open. Any help for the computer iliterate?:confused:
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jan 3, 2006, 03:37 AM
    Hi firstly your cd rom drive should be D: as windows is C: unless you changed your computer settings.

There may be little hole just under where the cd goes in. get a straight paper clip and put it in and your cddrive should pop open a little.

If not I just use a knife and gently open it.

Try that and post back if you need any help
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2006, 06:16 AM
    CD-ROM drive
    Hi,
    You could also go to My Computer. Then, right click on D:Drive, if that is your CD-ROM drive. Left click on Eject. If you have the word "Eject", that might open it.
    Otherwise, as another said, you will have to manually open the front of the drive. If it's very old, it's probably bad.
    adec234 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Go to My Computer. Then, right click on Drive, if that is your CD-ROM drive. Left click on Eject. If you have the word "Eject", that might open it. If it does not off the PC and hit the cd rom with hand on the tray if prop persist try use manual ejecting y putting pin inside hollow surface and take it out
    Ramvir1985 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2009, 02:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smith478 View Post
    My cd rom drive has a disk in it and now i can't get it open. Any help for the computer iliterate?:confused:
    :cool: You should beat cpu from left and right , upon the press on/off button of cd rom and u see a hole near a bulb enter the alpin on it the u get cd form cd rom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to open a MPP (Microsoft Project) file [ 10 Answers ]

How can I open a mpp file? Do I need Microsoft project? Is there anyway to open the file if I don't have this Microsoft project?

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

How to open .that file [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to open a .dat file, does any one know how ? :(

Open Neutral [ 2 Answers ]

I need some expert assistance... I think that I have an open neutral on the power company's side. They came out to look at it today and didn't fix anything, and I would like someone else to evaluate my conclusion before I call them tomorrow. This is a commercial building that I am...

Modems on one drive not on other drive [ 3 Answers ]

Help I have a compaq 501OUS pent 3 win ME. I have a 2 gig hardrive I have no problem going on line, when I took my 2gig hardrive out and put a 40gig hardrive in my moden won't respond, I have reinstall the modem(US Robotics PCI Faxmodem includes V.92 and V.90 ITU standard technologies) physycly...

View more questions Search