Ask
    krithika007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 11:45 PM
    What is the differences between job description and job specification
    :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2008, 11:53 PM
    What is quoted below, is from the following site. Job Description and Specification

Job Description and Specification

Job descriptions describe the job and not the individual who fills the job. They are the result of job analysis within a given organization and are essential to the selection and evaluation of employees. Job advertisements or postings are based on the job description.

The character of the organization is the basis for the description of positions. Information about the organization might include

Name of Company
    Main Product(s) and/or Service(s)
    Company Structure
    Names of Officers
    Hours of Work

Job analysis

Job analysis is the systematic assembly of all the facts about a job. The purpose is to study the individual elements and duties. All information related to the salary and benefits, working hours and conditions, typical tasks and responsibilities is required for the job analysis. The results of job analysis are job description and job specification. Is the systematic assembly of all the facts about a job. The purpose is to study the individual elements and duties. All information related to the salary and benefits, working hours and conditions, typical tasks and responsibilities is required for the job analysis. The results of job analysis are job description and job specification.

Job description

Job description is a written statement that defines the duties, relationships and results expected of anyone in the job. It is an overall view of what is to be done in the job. Typically it includes is a written statement that defines the duties, relationships and results expected of anyone in the job. It is an overall view of what is to be done in the job. Typically it includes

Job Title
    Date
    Title of immediate supervisor
    Statement of the Purpose of the Job

Primary Responsibilities
    List of Typical Duties and Responsibilities
    General Information related to the job
    Training requirements
    Tool use
    Transportation
    Signature of the person who has prepared the job description

Job Specification

Job Specification is an analysis of the kind of person it takes to do the job, that is to say, it lists the qualifications. Normally, this would include is an analysis of the kind of person it takes to do the job, that is to say, it lists the qualifications. Typically this would include

Degree of education
    Desirable amount of previous experience in similar work
    Specific Skills required
    Health Considerations
    AGAMPO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 10:26 PM
    Briefly describe the difference between job description and job specification?
    mubasharfarooq Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

May 10, 2011, 02:34 AM
    Job description mainly describes the one's responsibilities and duties needed to be performed regarding certain job, while
    Job specification describes the knowledge, qualification and competencies required to perform that job.
    Yoshel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2011, 11:27 AM
    Job Specification
    Job specification describes the education, experience, characteristics, skills, and knowledge, and provides an overview of the job requirements, for an available position. Job specification is handy for recruiting, screening, and interviewing candidate.

Job Description
    A job description is a list that a person might use for general task or functions, duties and responsibilities of a position
    nimera Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2011, 10:44 AM
    Job description is very clear to define your job role such as job title,your immediate supervisor,tasks,duties,responsibilities etc.
    Job specification is define your requirements what you suppose to be such as education, qualification,skills,knowledge etc.
    dwivedi.sk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 09:53 AM
    Actually job specification is somewhat related with salary and determining the salary according to work but not in job description.description is a general idea about job it's venue,title,post,company and else but job specification clears degree,experience,type of job and renumaration.
    ahriel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2011, 01:29 AM

Job descriptions describe the job and not the individual who fills the job.
    Job Specification is an analysis of the kind of person it takes to do the job, that is to say, it lists the qualifications.
    yadgc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2012, 07:11 AM
    I need help it is all about the module,target population, overview, objectives, body, activities/exercises of job analysis, job description and job specification. Thank you.
    Anchal. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 09:25 AM
    Job description
    This specifies what the job is all about.. what a person is required to do in the job.It gives the detail about the job.

Job specification
    This includes what the skill, qualifications candidate needs to have in him/her which is required in the job.It gives the detail for the candidate.
    tua022012 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2012, 05:20 AM
    Dear friends

Thank very much for posting. I like Governing/executive board secretary job description very much.

Very useful for me.
    tua022012 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 05:40 AM
    Thanks for the insight. I look forward to reading more from all of you.

Let me introduce you some useful materials: Competency profiling job analysis

Best regards
    polopolopolo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 08:45 AM
    Purpose of job specification?? Anyone please...
    smileadi_20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 07:12 PM
    Job Description:-
    Written statement of what job holder does , how it is done , u der what conditions and why.

Job Specification:-
    It is the statement which lays down the minimum qualification , training , experience essential for each job.
    Orneze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 11:56 AM
    A job description relates to the list of duties, standard of performance and working condition, also it highlights the task that should be done while on the job.

However the job specification relates to education standards, skills and personalities required for the job.
    GALORYNE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2012, 10:32 PM
    If job description worked in the absence of job specification what will happen?
    anajli tyagi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2013, 05:52 AM
    job description defines the job not the individuals whereas job specification describes the individual not the job.

job analysis= job description+job specification

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between job specification & Job Description? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between job specification & job descreption? What would be the job specification & job descreption of the post of Accountant for news paper Add?

Accounting specification [ 1 Answers ]

What is the meaning of assessment year and previous year

Cu wire specification [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know about the Cu wire specification for insulation & size

Electrical specification. [ 5 Answers ]

Can 20 Amp. Ciruit Breaker Support 1 Hp 115 Volt Single Phase Motor?

Software requirement specification [ 2 Answers ]

Can some one help me in doing my project which involves a registration module and my sir is behind me to complete it in I hardly know any thing about programmin . So can someone please please please... Help me.:(

View more questions Search