Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    depressedhelp Posts: 91, Reputation: 3

Jan 6, 2008, 09:35 PM
    Is taking diet pills unhealty?
    OK I'm not officially an adult but is it safe for me to take diet pills? I'm not THAT much over weight but I only want to take them till I loose 40 lbs. is it safe? I'm 16
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 09:50 PM
    No, they are not safe. Healthy diet and exercise is the healthy way to lose weight. Many women die yearly from taking diet pills that contain Ephedra or MaHuing (sp). Not to mention that while diet pills may help you lose weight initially, they do not help you to keep the weight off. Many women who lose weight this way tend to put the weight back on, or double the weight.

To live a healthy lifestyle you have to learn to manage your healthy foods and exercise in order to lose the weight and KEEP it off.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Do not take diet pills as you will be unnaturally tricking your system and your system will rebel against you in the worst ways. You need to just eat sensibly and cut out the junk food, i.e. Wendys, McDonald, Burger King - essentially all fast food and eat healthy. Getting into the diet pill habit will only spell disaster for you as you are so young. Look at what you are eating and why. Do you eat due to boredom, nervousness, love problems, etc? 40 lbs is not too much so you have a fighting chance to lose this before you let it go on too long and really have a problem with your weight.

One thing that really puts on the weight is soda pop. Try drinking just plain old water instead. Also do not eat or drink anything with the word "diet" on it as it contains aspertame or sucralose or splenda in it. These chemicals are literally poison and can make you actually gain weight by drinking diet soda. Also stay away from any soy products. Look carefully at the food labels and don't eat soy anything. Soy is in a lot of foods now adays. Don't eat soy as soy is really animal feed and not meant for human consumption. Soy products whether it be soybean oil or soybean flour are all the same.

Jan 6, 2008, 09:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    No, they are not safe. Healthy diet and exercise is the healthy way to lose weight. Many women die yearly from taking diet pills that contain Ephedra or MaHuing (sp). Not to mention that while diet pills may help you lose weight initially, they do not help you to keep the weight off. Many women who lose weight this way tend to put the weight back on, or double the weight.

To live a healthy lifestyle you have to learn to manage your healthy foods and exercise in order to lose the weight and KEEP it off.

Thanks so much, I had no idea :D

Jan 6, 2008, 09:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter
    Do not take diet pills as you will be unnaturally tricking your system and your system will rebel against you in the worst ways. You need to just eat sensibly and cut out the junk food, i.e. Wendys, McDonald, Burger King - essentially all fast food and eat healthy. Getting into the diet pill habit will only spell disaster for you as you are so young. Look at what you are eating and why. Do you eat due to boredom, nervousness, love problems, etc? 40 lbs is not too much so you have a fighting chance to lose this before you let it go on too long and really have a problem with your weight.

One thing that really puts on the weight is soda pop. Try drinking just plain old water instead. Also do not eat or drink anything with the word "diet" on it as it contains aspertame or sucralose or splenda in it. These chemicals are literally poison and can make you actually gain weight by drinking diet soda. Also stay away from any soy products. Look carefully at the food labels and don't eat soy anything. Soy is in a lot of foods now adays. Don't eat soy as soy is really animal feed and not meant for human consumption. Soy products whether it be soybean oil or soybean flour are all the same.
    Thanks
    I won't take them
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2008, 10:08 PM
    Try googling the aspartame, sucralose, splenda that I was taking about. Believe it or not they use aspartame as ant poison in some countries in sugarcane fields! Also Google soybeans. You will see that they are many studies of just how detrimental soy products are to humans. I used to eat soy this and soy that and I gained weight. Now that I have totally eliminated soy anything from my diet, I have actually lost weight! Also, you can actually become addicted to diet soda! The soda lulls you into thinking you can eat more whatever because you are washing it down with zero calorie soda!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 10:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by depressedhelp
    thx so much, i had no idea :D
    Many women don't have any idea. There is only one diet pill approved by the FDA, and I would not recommend it due to the side effects. But the others are considered "vitamin supplements" that can actually harm you, your heart, your blood pressure, even your kidneys.

A healthy lifestyle is so much better for you than something that can injure you permanently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diet Pills [ 27 Answers ]

I need some advice and information on diet pills... I have started a low calorie diet with regular exercise. Are there any diet pills that ACTUALLY work, that would help this process speed up? :rolleyes: Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Diet pills [ 1 Answers ]

Are diet pills safe? I don't no if it comes under this subject but I need to find out for a study I am doing on it , so are they?? :D

Diet Pills [ 1 Answers ]

I had my beautifull daughter about 10 months ago and I work out everyday and diet as well... I've tried everything so I was thinking about using a diet pill any suggestions??

Adricted to diet pills and over the counter pills [ 5 Answers ]

:o I have for the past 4 years been adicted to dietr pills and over the counter pills I even take more then I need toi have tried to stop before but just couldn't stop. I want to stop and I want to get better but I don't know how I can stop with out help but I don't want to sign myself into a...

Diet pills [ 3 Answers ]

I want to loose some weight. I was two sides smiler than I am rigth now. I am not overweight really but ia want to have my body like it was before. I would like to try with diet pills, but I am scared of side effects. I just wondering if just taking those pills for a while,...

View more questions Search