Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Jan 6, 2008, 09:30 PM
    My Best Friend is a Slut
    It drives me crazy! It seems like every time I hang out with her she's cuddling up to some guy. I'm tired of all the boy drama, it seems like we should be past all this imaturity. Example: Well I just broke up with my boyfriend and I had sex with this other guy but I still love my ex, but now I like this other guy... and so on. What do I do? What should I tell her? I'm just not that kind of person. I believe that sex is a really intimate thing that you do with someone that you really love. I'm at the point where I really don't want to talk to her very much. I'm tired of listening to it, but she talks to me because she wants my advice, so if I say that I feel like I'm not being there for her. She knows I don't like what she's doing but I don't think she knows how much it bothers me. I love her and I do like hanging out with her without all the drama but I'm stuck, what do I do?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2008, 10:40 PM
    Sounds like your boy crazy friend is not going to change her ways. Either you'll have to put up with it or (sadly) move on to someone who is not so boy crazy. Does she actually realize how boring she is? Have you two had any fun together lately like going outside and say going to the beach or doing something together just you and her? She's got to realize that your friendship with her means a lot to you but you in turn need some friendship back from her! Sit down and have a heart to heart. Maybe she does not truly realize how boring she is yaking about boys all the time. There is more to this life than sex and boys (at least I hope there is LOL) and you can help each other discover the world around you. Go to a museum, yes a museum and look around and talk about what you see. Do something that both of you will enjoy together as friends (and not just a rock concert either).
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Jan 6, 2008, 10:46 PM
    Most people I know think sex is just a bit of fun, they go out and get wasted then end up with a complete stranger. I'm with you on sex being an intamate, personal thing you should only share with someone you love.
    You both know your opinions but you should tell her seriously how you feel make her understand you care about her and don't like seeing her do this kind of , you said she wants your advice so give it to her, all of it, give an ultimatum, it sounds like your friendship is in jeopardy so you should give it a try

Jan 7, 2008, 08:32 AM
    I'm not sure what to do because we're both changing and growing up, but it seems like we're taking different paths. She's really into drinking and partying and sex, while I drink sometimes but I'd really rather take a hike in the mountains or go horseback riding. I have a feeling we're going to keep drifting apart, but I'd like to stay friends.

I think I'd have less of a problem if she was just going around having one night stands than if she went from relationship to relationship. She thinks she knows what love is but she has no idea and she hurts the guys she goes out with by going out with someone else right away. We're young, we shouldn't be having really serious relationships right now, but it bugs me that she does it.

I'll tell her how I feel, no holding back and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice^_^

Jan 7, 2008, 02:59 PM
    I told her over texting, which was probably not the best idea, but things went badly. Apparently I'm jealous of her now. I guess this is the end of the road for our friendship, but I'm not sure. I just don't like what she's doing with her life and people tell me that isn't a big deal and it's her life, but her life involves mine so I think it does.
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Jan 7, 2008, 09:18 PM
    She apparently is going to need more than a sounding board. She is engaging in risky behavior that will if unchecked:
    A. give her an std
    B. get her a dui
    C. give her a series of meaningless relationships
    She is travelling a different road than you are, (good for you) and has road hazards ahead
    count coco fang Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Jan 7, 2008, 09:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerchick_682
    It drives me crazy! It seems like every time I hang out with her she's cuddling up to some guy. I'm tired of all the boy drama, it seems like we should be past all this imaturity. Example: Well I just broke up with my boyfriend and I had sex with this other guy but I still love my ex, but now I like this other guy...and so on. What do I do? What should I tell her? I'm just not that kind of person. I believe that sex is a really intimate thing that you do with someone that you really love. I'm at the point where I really don't want to talk to her very much. I'm tired of listening to it, but she talks to me because she wants my advice, so if I say that I feel like I'm not being there for her. She knows I don't like what she's doing but I don't think she knows how much it bothers me. I love her and I do like hanging out with her without all the drama but I'm stuck, what do I do?
    SAVE YOURSELF! I am 28 now and I had a friend like that. She was a total energy vampire! I was friends with her for 11 yrs then one night her, then, boyfriend's friend raped me and I wanted to tell her but I knew she would take her man's side and say I was a slut. Needless to say we are no longer friends.
    I can recall she was telling me once about some guy, "oh but I love him." Me- "stay with him." Her- "but I hate how he treats me." Me-"then leave him" Her- "but I love him." Me-
    "then stay with him."
    DUDE I am serious that went on for about 1 min! That is a LONG time to go back and forth.
    Finally she said I wasn't being a good friend and she wanted help. I told her "look. I ALWAYS give you advice and you do the opposite. So what the hell is the point? You will do what you want and to hell with everyone else."
    She was so pissed she hung up then called back a little while later and said she was sorry for getting mad.
    Like I said save yourself. She wants attention. Just tell her what she wants to hear and do your own thing be your own person!
    Life is an ocean and your friends should float like you. If they sink, CUT the rope around your neck.
    THEY WILL TAKE YOU WITH THEM!!
    But that's just my thought

Jan 7, 2008, 09:51 PM
    I told her over texting, which was probably not the best idea, but things went badly. Apparently I'm jealous of her now. I guess this is the end of the road for our friendship, but I'm not sure. I just don't like what she's doing with her life and people tell me that isn't a big deal and it's her life, but her life involves mine so I think it does.
    You have 2 Separate LIVES. You are NOT 1 PERSON. DON'T get sucked into that drama. I tried for YEARS to advise my friend of 11yrs back in high school. Just think about that for a second... 11... YEARS!! We went our separate ways and I have a WONDERFUL husband (that she wanted-i think) and she is off somewhere sleeping with some guy that she lives with. That's what she does. When one relationship falls apart, she goes to a party and meets a guy, sleeps with HiM, then moves in.
    Her step-dad would say she just whores herself out so she didn't have to live with her parents. I think he was right as harsh as it may be.
    You both are young. I am old and married (28). I have live a very hard life and TRUST me if she want to go HER way , LET HER. She WANTS to do things the hard way.
    It is her lesson to learn. Not yours.
    You take care of yourself.
    NO ONE else will.

Jan 7, 2008, 11:47 PM
    My friend is the same way. Dumps her boyfriend and finds a new one right away. She's told me straight out because it's easier and she likes the attention. I've told her repeatedly to be single to figure out what she wants in a relationship, but she never listens. Thank you for your insight. I'm not going to talk to her right now because I need time to cool off and get my thoughts together, but I might in a while. I know she's not going to change she just won't tell me everything. We've been best friends for years so this is really hard. I'll give this some time
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 12:10 AM
    Your friend saying you are just jealous makes me think that she feels her life is something for people to be envious of... NOT ME

I think your original title summed up how I would feel about her as well. Be careful that you don't end up with the same reputation because people might think that birds of a feather flock together...

Jan 8, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Just one more piece of advice and then I will leave you to your life.
    When someone tells you something bad about themselves... BELIEVE THEM.
    They are telling you the TRUTH.
    Lynn would always say she wan't being a good friend to me. I would then tell her "oh no, You are fine. You're a good friend." Even though I thought she was right.
    So, If that should happen to you, just say "well, then change it." People do not follow the Golden Rule. I have found this out threw out the years. You MUST stand up for yourself.
    My life growing up was complicated. I REALLY don't want you to follow a similar road.
    28 and just NOW trying to figure my life out? I should have done that in high school.
    Life is too short, honey, to be worried about saving someone from themselves.
    She clearly doesn't know who she is and what she wants. My mother was like that. I hated her for so long. Now, I pity her.
    It must be very hard for her to not like her own reflection. Sad.
    Try to put yourself in your friend's shoes. See things from her view.
    She is, most likely, insecure and has really low self-esteem.
    You can still be friends with her just keep her at a distance. Set ground rules. Do whatever you think you need to do. Just don't get too attached.
    I KNOW it's hard. You WILL feel pain but if you feel better not talking to her and listening to her go on and on about all her problems then that is better for you.
    Be strong.
    You don't have to be an jerk all the time but looking out for your own well being and peace of mind should be first for you.
    As far as "bird of a feather" is concerned; you need not worry about that. People who don't know you don't matter. The people that do, do matter and know your not like that.
    Hell, I didn't have sex until I was 18! Everybody "friends" made fun of me and said I was prude. NOT the case.
    You know. If you Really need to talk to someone I will still be here. I know this time is hard for everyone.
    Stupid parents are ALWAYS saying" Oh I know and understand what you are going through." REALLY!! Then why are you on my back all the TIME?!
    Sorry. I'm still bitter about my mother.
    If there was a personal way to give you my e-mail address I would.
    But like I said. She obviously doesn't care about how you feel, so why would you show her compassion?
    YOU CAN'T REPECT SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T RESPECT THEMSELVES.
    The same can be applied to life, love, happiness, learning and all that stuff
    I hope my INSAINE ramblings have helped you.
    Be good to yourself.

Jan 8, 2008, 10:33 AM
    One more piece of advice then I will let you be. When someone tells you something bad about themselves... Believe them. They are telling you the truth.
    My life growing up was complicated. So, I have been there done that. If there was a way to give you me e-mail address without having to post it, I would. Everybody needs someone to talk to at one point or another.
    Always remember.
    You Can't Respect Someone Who Doesn't Respect Themselves.
    The same can be applied to life, love, happiness, learning and all that stuff.
    She clearly doesn't know who she is and what she wants. My mother was like that. I hated her for so long. Now, I pity her.
    It must be very hard for her to not like her own reflection. Sad.
    Try to put yourself in your friend's shoes. See things from her view.
    She is, most likely, insecure and has really low self-esteem.
    You can still be friends with her just keep her at a distance. Set ground rules. Do whatever you think you need to do. Just don't get too attached.
    I KNOW it's hard. You WILL feel pain but if you feel better not talking to her and listening to her go on and on about all her problems then that is better for you.
    Be strong.
    All the adults say "this is the best time of your life. Enjoy it."
    But if they are asked if they would relive their "teen years" most of them say "no way. It was too hard." then they go home and tell their kids it's the best years of their lives.
    I hope my INSAINE ramblings have helped you.
    Have a good life, honey.
    I wish you get all you have dreamed and more.
    Be strong.

Jan 8, 2008, 10:41 AM
    Sorry about repeating myself. I thought the first one didn't go through.

:-)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Hello rocker:

I've been reading all this.

You know, speaking as an old dude, friends are hard to come by. Even your real friends aren't always going to act like you wish they would. And, I suspect you aren't always going to act like they'd want you to either.

You don't have to be like your friend in order to have her as a friend.

Life lasts a long time and people change. It's good to have friends, who are just your friends.

excon
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Jan 8, 2008, 10:58 AM
    Show her the error of her ways and say you'll stick by her I she'll change
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 8, 2008, 11:03 AM
    If you can't tell a friend " I don't wanna hear it" who can you tell?
    pharrald1980 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Listen, if there is one thing I know it's that your friends want your attention. She wants t know that you care for her by telling her she is doing things you do not agree with. She may not take that advise, but knowing you care enough to make the observation and talk to her about it means a lot. Your friend is who she is and will not change because of your talk, but she'll know undoubtly that you love her and that's really all you can do for her. She (as we all do ) has her own problems and personal demons. That is her problem, not yours. Just love her for who she is, or move on.
    snowboarding_chick Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Jan 8, 2008, 04:32 PM
    It drives me crazy! It seems like every time I hang out with her she's cuddling up to some guy. I'm tired of all the boy drama, it seems like we should be past all this imaturity. Example: Well I just broke up with my boyfriend and I had sex with this other guy but I still love my ex, but now I like this other guy...and so on. What do I do? What should I tell her? I'm just not that kind of person. I believe that sex is a really intimate thing that you do with someone that you really love. I'm at the point where I really don't want to talk to her very much. I'm tired of listening to it, but she talks to me because she wants my advice, so if I say that I feel like I'm not being there for her. She knows I don't like what she's doing but I don't think she knows how much it bothers me. I love her and I do like hanging out with her without all the drama but I'm stuck, what do I do?
    I would talk to her about it and how it is bothering you. [in the nicest way tho] don't do it over text, you need to talk to her on the phone or in person so you guys don't mix up things and end up in a fight. This is what I always do whenever something is bothering me with my friends, and it always seems to help.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2008, 06:26 PM
    All you can do is live your life as an example. I have had friends pull that same line on me and it couldn't be further from the truth. I think it gives them comfort or validate or justify themselves with false hope to think that one up. Usually in your early 20's friends do drift out of our lives because they prefer a different lifestyle. Some people have to learn the hard way.
    There really isn't much point in hanging on.
    If you talk to her have it like a where do you see yourself in 10-20 years from now.
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Feb 26, 2008, 05:44 PM
    I knew a girl, in Longmont as a matter of fact. She couldn't keep her hands off any guy she decided she wanted. Married or not. Her life at that time was one continuous drama.
    She went through, and made a lot of h__l for some people. If you like the drama, stay near, if not, steer clear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Slept with my neighbour/friend/ex's friend/he has a girlfriend [ 20 Answers ]

So I was drinking at my friends house when he showed up just in time to give me a ride home and we've lived across the road from each other for quite some time now and we were friends in grade 7 until now... we're both 19. I had a great night with him we were up until 6 and woke up at 9: 30 to do...

I fall in love with my best friend he still considers me just dear friend can I chang [ 6 Answers ]

I want to know if I can change the way he loves me , knowing that he always loves to talk with me Can this change? Can we become good couple? Thanks all...

Being called a "slut or a whore" [ 20 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Why is it that if a girl sleeps with a couple guys, she is labeled a whore or a slut but if a guy does it, he is "The Man"? :mad: I hate people!!

Am I a slut? [ 119 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: omg! All my friends say I'm a slut! I wear short skirts, those shirts with lase going down the front that show my belly, a lot af makeup, and I look at least 16... I'm 12. I had a 11 grader ask me out and I'm in 7th.. and whenever I'm walking down the street guys...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

View more questions Search