Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gretch123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 08:52 PM
    Career Aspirations
    I have an interview tomorrow and I have to write out what my three career aspirations are. How should I begin?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 11:34 PM
    What are your three career aspirations?

You must tailor your essay or blurb to yourself, of course. I would write this about me:

Every since I learned to read around the age of two, I have been in love with books. Teaching school was somewhat satisfying, but better has been working in a library. In fact, one of my career aspirations is to get that sacred library science master's degree. That, coupled with the master's I already have, will enable me to become a department head or maybe even a library director.

My second aspiration is to continue to be a published writer. I had begun as a children's non-fiction author, but would really enjoy branching out into children's fiction and even into adult fiction, in particular, romance novels for senior women. After all, senior readers don't care what those Boomers are doing with their divorces and teenagers! What senior women want to read about is how and where senior women meet senior men--and the magic that can happen!

Working as a magazine editor is my third aspiration. Many magazines have staff that live all over the U.S. and even the world. I thoroughly enjoy proofreading and editing what someone has written, and believe I could juggle this kind of mostly computer/electronic job with "real-life" library work.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2008, 11:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    What are your three career aspirations?

You must tailor your essay or blurb to yourself, of course. I would write this about me:

Every since I learned to read around the age of two, I have been in love with books. Teaching school was somewhat satisfying, but better has been working in a library. In fact, one of my career aspirations is to get that sacred library science master's degree. That, coupled with the master's I already have, will enable me to become a department head or maybe even a library director.

My second aspiration is to continue to be a published writer. I had begun as a children's non-fiction author, but would really enjoy branching out into children's fiction and even into adult fiction, in particular, romance novels for senior women. After all, senior readers don't care what those Boomers are doing with their divorces and teenagers! What senior women want to read about is how and where senior women meet senior men--and the magic that can happen!

Working as a magazine editor is my third aspiration. Many magazines have staff that live all over the U.S. and even the world. I thoroughly enjoy proofreading and editing what someone has written, and believe I could juggle this kind of mostly computer/electronic job with "real-life" library work.
    Excellent answer above! I would just like to add, that since this is presumably for a real or mock job interview, that I would also suggest tailoring your aspirations to tie or fit in somehow with the goals and/or aspirations of the firm or company for which you are having the interview.

To enable you to do that, you will need to do a little research about the company or firm with whom you are interviewing.
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Jan 6, 2008, 11:51 PM
    I think no better input could be given on this subject... great job Wonder and Clough!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What are your career aspirations? [ 4 Answers ]

What are your career aspirations?

Career Aspirations [ 1 Answers ]

How best can you briefly answer the following question in an interview if you are a Fitter, "What are your Career Aspirations.

Career Aspirations [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know about career aspirations in the field of administrative & clerical support. :) Regards, Azie

What are your career aspirations? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have completed my b.tech, recent online fillings there is a repeating question i.e. What are your career aspirations? Can you guide me what I have to mention Thank you Manish

Career Aspirations [ 3 Answers ]

What should be the career aspirations of a software professional.

View more questions Search