Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GIGI22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Ford Escape, 2002
    I got into my car to go to work, put my vehicle into drive, stepped on the gas, and nothing
    It felt like I had it on neutral. The R, 2, and 1 work but not the D gear. Can you let me know what is going on. Thnaks:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2008, 08:38 PM
    Your transmission took a dump. You'll have to shell out a small fortune to get it fixed at a transmission shop.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2008, 08:52 PM
    Try checking for any codes. If you haven't changed the transmission filter and fluid at least every 30,000 miles, the clutch packs may be shot. In this case, Ford would likely recommend installing a rebuilt transmission. The weak link on FWD cars are automatic transmissions, which are engineered to last between 125,000 to 150,000 miles (with proper maintenance).
    bigislandlady Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 08:26 PM

I have that same problem when it first started now it won't go into any of the forward gears, if you find anything out let me know. Thanks I can use any help you can offer.
    bigislandlady Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 08:27 PM

Hey did you ever find out what happened with your car?
    steelburner42 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2010, 05:16 AM

I have a 2002 ford escape xlt doing the same, I dropped the pan and checked for the filter, the valve body pan on the side of transaxle and there is no filter!
    steelburner42 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2010, 05:19 AM

Everyone that I have talked to that ownes a ford escape has had this same problem! I think ford should have a recall on this, we are all getting ripped off!!
    MichaelaSarae Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2013, 04:52 PM
    I have a 2002 Fore Escape. I was driving and all of a sudden it would not go in drive. I turned the car off for a few seconds, started it back up and it drove. Did the same thing about 10 minutes later. Noticed that it would not go in drive or reverse. But when I turn it off for a minute or 2, it will go in drive and reverse. Any answers...
    MichaelaSarae Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2013, 04:54 PM
    I have a 2002 Fore Escape. I was driving and all of a sudden it would not go in drive. I turned the car off for a few seconds, started it back up and it drove. Did the same thing about 10 minutes later. Noticed that it would not go in drive or reverse. But when I turn it off for a minute or 2, it will go in drive and reverse. Any answers...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2002 Ford Escape Transmission Problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2002 Ford Escape 4x4 with 59,000 miles on it. Over the past 3 weeks I have noticed a severe chatter when first taking off in the vehicle. There appears to be something wrong anytime that I start from a complete stop or after slowing down to 10mph or less. The car rides fine once the...

2002 ford escape fuse panel [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the layout of the fuses in the underdash fuse panel for a 2002 Ford Escape. I do not have an owners manual to refer to and need to verify which fuses control what. Thanks

2002 ford escape problems [ 1 Answers ]

Problem 1- Paint is peeling on the roof. It looks like there is no primer on the metal. Do any other people have this problem? What can I do about this? Problem 2- The 6 player cd unit does not work. Cd will not eject. Can I fix this? Does Ford Motor Co. know about this ?

I have a 2002 Ford Escape with a 3.0L V6 [ 1 Answers ]

My car has been idling really low and seems to hesitate a little when I hit the gas. Most importantly it has been sucking through gas really quick. In the last 3 days I put $130 dollars in for gas. It's not leaking gas underneath and I don't smell gas. Could the mass air flow censor be a...

CD player 2002 Ford Escape [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 02 ford escape an the cds are stuck an won't come out I have know idea what to do does anyone have some ideas?

View more questions Search