Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TrueLoveKnowsNoBoundries Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2006, 04:36 PM
    Wedding Ring Question
    My g/f and I are curious about the wedding ring thing. She doesn't want an engagement ring but I would like to get her one anyway. Also if anyone knows where I can find a good white gold engagement ring with diamonds inset id love your help. With the redding rings themselves. Who pays for them since you both have them do you split it or is the man supposed to pay for all of it. We want to get the Titanium rings which I find really cool because I've always wanted a Titanium ring. Thanks for any and all help we receive again.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2006, 04:50 PM
    I'm getting married later on this month (I am the bride). I also did not want an engagement ring, and so my fiancé is not getting me one, even though he'd like to. My reasoning is, I am just not really into jewelry, and thus I think the money could be better spent in another way. Like, buying me some other present that I really want, or donating the money to charity. My suggestion to you is, if your fiancé really doesn't want an engagement ring, respect her wishes and don't get her one. There's nothing saying you can't get her a nice ring in the future if she changes her mind... but for now I think it's best to listen to her.

Regarding who pays for the wedding bands... traditionally, the bride and groom pay for each other's. So, the bride pays for the groom's ring, and the groom pays for the bride's ring. If you get identical rings you can indeed split the cost, as this would be virtually the same thing.

In my situation though, my fiancé is paying for both rings since he has a lot more money than I have. So, by today's standards, you can pretty much do what you like, you don't have to be really traditional unless it's important to you.
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 2, 2006, 06:08 PM
    My exhusband(gag) and I paid for each others wedding rings. Depends on how both of you feel about it.
    Mim Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2006, 11:29 AM
    21 years ago, I bought my rings and his. For our 15th anniversary my husband got me a 2 carat marquis. If your fiancé truly doesn't want an engagement ring right now, don't waste your money. Save it! You just might be looking at something along the 2 carat size 15 years down the road if you make it that far and I hope you do. Blessings!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2006, 11:58 AM
    I agree.

If you know she doesn't want an engagement ring, don't.

My wife didn't want one, and she wanted a simple gold band, no stones.

I guess I got off easy, but I can tell you she got exactly what she wanted. She also couldn't wait for the shiny bands to get all scuffed up.

I didn't get it at the time, but I do now. The gold bands are perfect for us.

As another post mentioned... take that money and set it aside for other jewelry if you really want to buy an engagement ring.
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Mar 21, 2006, 01:29 PM
    I agree with everyone. If you don't get an engagement ring now might mean you can give her a really nice ring in the future maybe for your anniversary. As for the wedding bands, I think I paid for them but that would be up to the both of you. If you don't buy her an engagement ring if might be good if you paid for both your rings. Again, that is totally up to you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 21, 2006, 01:43 PM
    If she does not want an engangement ring, don't buy her one, many women are not into rings and many engagement rings will catch on objets since often they have a stone that is sticking up.

If both can afford, on the wedding rings, you each pay for each others, but since you will be shopping together for them and they are normally sold in pairs you are just splitting the cost of one purchase.

My wife has a $$$$ engagement ring, but only wears it about once or twice a year, besides that she keeps it locked away with her other jewry.
    So if she says she does not want one, don't get one, not listening to what she wants is not a good way to start a relationship

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Another wedding question [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! We are getting married in oct. but we are having a hard time finding a pastor for it.we don't go to church that often and the pastor we were trying for is already booked for that day.I'm not sure what to do or where to start .

Wedding question [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting married in October.we are planning a outside wedding.some of our friends are helping us.one friend would like to do the djing but he never done this before would he need to do or know?

Which is the better value ring? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a choice of 2 solitiare diamond engagement rings and wish your opinions which is worth more please? Both 18k gold, one white one yellow. First one 0.21 ct round cut, f/g brilliant, clarity I1, natural earthed diamond, yellow gold. Second 0.24 oval, SI brilliance and natural earth...

Where Can I Get This Ring in USA? [ 9 Answers ]

http://www.bevilles.com.au/content/Product_Detail/Default.asp?prodid=8646 Does anyone know where I can buy a ring just like this in USA? The site above is an Australian site and they won't sell me the ring without the diamonds unless I go to Aussieville. I'm looking for a *setting only* as I...

View more questions Search