Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Jan 6, 2008, 05:09 PM
    Keeping a journal
    can you be too old to keep a journal? is it silly the older you are?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Keep a journal no matter how old you are. If you have children or grandkids, so much the better. I would have given anything had my grandmother (either one) or mother had kept a journal. The older we get, the more and more this world has and will change. If I could have read the daily goings on of 150 years ago of one of my ancestors, I would have been able to gain a true insight into what life was like back then. By all means, keep a journal, but remember one thing, be sure whatever you chose to write about can be published on the front page of the local newspaper! In other words, try not to gossip or get too personal knowing someone else just may be reading your journal many years from now. Good luck!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2008, 11:26 PM
    I knew a lady who was in her nineties who wrote in a journal everyday for most of her adult life and I'm sure that it is something that her relatives now treasure greatly since she has now passed on. For instance, there are so many things about my parents that I don't know about their early lives that I wish that I knew.

Since I was one of the "babies" in my family, (my parents had me when they where in their forties and are now long gone), it is sometimes frustrating for me to hear about things from other, older relatives, concerning my parents that I wish that I had knew about more first hand because I would have, if my parents had written some things down.
    dansk Posts: 21, Reputation: 5

Jan 26, 2008, 12:48 AM
    OK

Well I'm 21 and I just bought a new book for the new year..
    I have been writing in my journal since I was 8. It's a great
    way to express your feelings onto paper.. sometimes when
    you feel you have no one to talk to.. you can just write everything
    you want to say.. away on paper.. ITS GREAT! It even made me
    a better writer.. No matter how old you are its never too late to
    write in a journal.. your keeping a record of your life.. writing down
    your memories.. so one day.. maybe years later you can look back
    and read and remember the good.. AND bad times you been through
    and sometimes that can even boast your confidence esp if you got
    over a tough time in your life.. you can look back and be proud of yourself.

So keep a journal... and write away.. There is no age limit..
    Writing is a beautiful thing.. ENJOY IT! -=]
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 12:52 AM
    We kids got my 83 y/o mom to start a journal of her childhood in Idaho and meeting/dating the man who would be our father and their early marriage when he was just starting as a minister.

You're never too old to journal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal Entries & Adjusting Journal Entries [ 2 Answers ]

Nov. 15- Purchased $1,600 of merchandise on account from Martin Co, terms 1/30; paid $60 of associated freight charges in cash. My answer: Merchandise Inventory $1600 Accounts Payable $1600 Cash $60 Freight Expense $60...

Sales Journal &Cash Recepits Journal [ 2 Answers ]

Record the following transactions in the Sales Journal and Cash Recepits Journals. The cost of all merchandise sold was 70% of the sales price. July 2 Sold Merchandise for 21,000 to B.Tate on account. Credit ter,s 2/10, n/30. Sales invoice No. 100 July 5 Received a check for $800...

General Journal versus Cash Payment Journal [ 2 Answers ]

I have an ethical issue case I'm working on, but am stuck. I would like to know how would I determine which journal to use say for example, you go on a business trip to Australia and take your spouse along at company expense. Well that is unethical for sure, but you are best friends with the vice...

Keeping Red Dye [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so after a long search, I've found the perfect firetruck red hair dye. It's for highlights, but I just buy two bottles at Sally's Beauty Supply, and it's a bleach/dye mix, so it's a one step process. Not to mention the great, bright red. Trouble is, it washes out the bright in two weeks, and...

Bond Payments and Journal and Journal Entries [ 0 Answers ]

What is the adjusting entry at Dec 31, 2007 for this problem? Problem: Logan Corporation issued 800000 of 8% bonds on October 1, 200, due on October 1, 2011. The interest is to be paid twice a year on April 1 and October 1. The bonds were sold to yield 10% effective annual interest.

View more questions Search