Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2008, 07:09 PM
    I would talk to your vet. If this has been going on for a long time, such a poor diet could be taking its toll. While the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171 discusses a number of things, it doesn't cover treating the results of a long term poor diet. Actually for other medical problems, it only suggests seeing the vet. I think that is her only hope.

I am sure the solution isn't tempting her with more rich food.

You could be over concerned with how thin she is. While Shepherds and some other breeds keep themselves lean, some Poodles are almost 2 dimensional. Again, what does the vet say about her condition?

Check out some similar questions!

Kissy poodle [ 3 Answers ]

I have a standard poodle 1 1/2 yrs old. I got her as puppy from a breeder at 15 weeks old. She gives me a doggie bath freq, she will lick my face hands and feet very thorough. She will even turn my hand over to get at the palm of my hand. She was spayed at 6 mo of age. I am not sure if this is a...

Poodle won't eat [ 2 Answers ]

I have been back and forth to vet and we are both confused my dog won't eat... He has lost a lot of teeth but this wasn't a problem all of a sudden he won't eat he does drink water. Doctor gave him a pain shot , I put him on pain pills and muscle relaxor from past problems he does show a bit of...

My poodle humped on my dashchund! [ 4 Answers ]

I've Never been so shocked! My poodle is 5 months old and my dashchund is 5 months still.. and they are both male! How could that have happened? Is my poodle GAY(! ) or he is just horny? I'm so distraught! :confused: :eek:

Dashunds and a Poodle Both In The House [ 7 Answers ]

Hi :) I am wondering, I both have a dashund and a mixed poodle in the house whom I loved so much. Will there be any peace around the house? I mean, they keep on playing and I often wonder if the other is jealous or something.. its crazy.. they both have separate feeding bowls but the other...

Poodle Groomers [ 2 Answers ]

Hello out there to any who have the wonderful task of being a Poodle Groomer. I am now and have been for approximately 14 years and would love to hear from you. Interested in procedures for shaving poodle feet. Thanks

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.