Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinalism Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2006, 10:38 AM
    Help, problems for 4600 dimension model dell computer
    My computer just black out for like 7 days already

First I start the computer, it runs the opening then it becomes black screen and shows " _ "

I tried to reboot the computer and press f12 to boot

In the number 5 click cd rom then run the CD(operation cd / recovery cd that dell has)

And after a while it runs the window professional set up

I try to recover it but it said

I need the windows automated system recovery disk

Window xp professional service pack 2 cd

But I don't have those 2 CDs

Until one process

It said something like disk 0 at id 0 on bus 0 on atapi

And wrote it can't not access the disk

If I press enter the window professional set up

It keeps process and show in technial support

Setupdd.sys-address F84C49A8 base at F849D000, DATESTAMP 41107C8F

What does this code means?

Can someone help me?

Does anyone know how to save this kind of problem?

Help!!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 2, 2006, 01:37 PM
    Did you call Dell for support? It sounds like a hard drive problem. Do you ever see the Windows logo?

Did you try booting to Safe mode (press F8 as you boot until you get the Safe Mode menu).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dell Laptop Computer [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Dell Laptop Computer and some how I locked the keyboard, it won't work, none of the keys.. how do I unlock it?? Even though the internal mouse works.. just not the keys.Right now I'm on a different computer, if your wondering.. Please help me

Help about satellite pro 4600 [ 2 Answers ]

? anyone knows how to configure the unit so I can use the cd-rw. I bought this as second hand and I don't have knowledge about the potentials of this unit. Tnx

Daewoo 1.5i 1994 model, BIG problems... HELP! [ 4 Answers ]

Unfortunately I own a Daewoo 1.5i 1994 automatic which I've got a hell of a problem with, 15 times I've taken it in and no 1 seems to be able 2 fix the problem. Basically what happens is that once the cars temp. Gauge hit's about half way it (after about 30mins 2 an hours driving!) it stalls and...

Problems with a Dell Inspiron 5000 Laptop [ 3 Answers ]

I recently tried to connect a Dell 540 photo printer to a Dell Inspiron 5000 computer running Windows XP Home. I got the laptop to recognize the printer but it would not print. I decded to disconnect the printer and uninstall the drivers. Soon my laptop began having problems at startup. It...

Weird Happenings on Dell Computer... [ 6 Answers ]

Hello: Is it possible for a "hacker" or anyone else for that matter to gain access to a computer if that computer has no access to the internet and is not on a network. It is just a stand alone computer. I have a friend who bought a new Dell a few months ago and states that her payroll program...

View more questions Search