Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Jan 6, 2008, 11:30 AM
    Can't get ready by 7:10 everyday!
    Like a normal teenager, it is impossible for me to get up in the morning for school. I take an extra class which I regret everyday, so I have to be in the classroom my 7:10 every single day. I get up at 6:50, because I wait till the last minute but I usually can make it on time. I hate doing 500 things at once in a small amount of time so I need to get up earlier. I set my alarm clock to about 6:20 but I turn it off right after it rings. I can't go to sleep early either because I just can't fall asleep; my iPod doesn't help either. Help?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 6, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Get TWO or more alarm clocks and DON'T turn them off.
    Set them for various times between 6 and 6.15 place them around the room out of easy reach, then you are sure to get up or you'll end up waking the whole house.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 12:04 PM
    Set out everything the night before--clothes, school stuff, etc.--so a plan is in place and you can zoom through it.

Do you eat breakfast or take something with you to school to munch on?

Jan 6, 2008, 01:50 PM
    I don't eat breakfast;i would if I could get up early enough. The night before, I take a shower, get my books ready, and pick out of my outfit.
    Coyotito1111 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Do you have anyone to physically help you? I try to get my mom, my brother, my dogs, everyone to wake me up... it usually helps.

Jan 6, 2008, 03:53 PM
    I am the first one to wake up in my house because I leave the earliest so the house is quiet and my dog sleeps in my brothers room.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Many young people do get up, it is a matter of self control.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 05:12 PM
    Go to bed at a decent hour, and get up when the alarm goes off. You need disipline.
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Jan 6, 2008, 09:57 PM
    I have the same problem but then I read a science report saying something about teen body clocks, apparently they're set completely innapropriatly forr school times, but yeah you just need to dicipline yourself military style
    brown_eyes_3546 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Jan 6, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Try to set the different alarms a few minutes apart so you just get annoyed and get up. I was terrible at getting up for school I missed 100 out of 180 days of school my last year! If you have a cell phone try to set an alarm w. the ringer of important phone calls so it startles you. If you can't do it like that have a friend that is up before you call you and talk you awake! My boyfriend used to call me on his way home from his 3rd shift job.

Jan 6, 2008, 10:10 PM
    Or if none of the above work just don't sleep... ever

Jan 7, 2008, 01:23 AM
    Seems like the schools would work around what science says but that would make sense!. oh no, it can't possibly make sense!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoke Weed Everyday [ 33 Answers ]

Im addicted to pot. I LOVE IT, I have been smoking for over 8 years. I work a full time job and go to school, I'm a functional pot smoker, I'm so high strung that when I come home, I want to relax and smoke. That's my only vice, however I spend over 500 a week on it. Exspensive habit, anyway,...

Trying to get better everyday? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, me again, venting, and getting better every day moving on. But in the process I hear things from people about my ex. ( we ended again 6 weeks ago) Any way, it came to my attention yesterday he is dating, and moving in with, a girl who is a recovering drug addict (3 yrs) and a...

Everyday meals [ 18 Answers ]

Start a new thread here. What's your favorite quick and easy meal for supper time. How long does it take? What's in it? How about quick outside grilling ideas? All responses are welcome. Even if it's hamburger helper with your own combo's thrown in. Thanks in advance. Stay healthy :)

Miss her more everyday [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so my ex girlfriend broke up with me about month ago and I miss her so much and a week later after she broke up with me so got a new boyfriend we were going out for 19day and I no that's not long but I did like her a lot. The reson she told me she had to let me go because of her mom and my age...

View more questions Search