Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Heartacke Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Black dog
    My friend had a dream, it was about a black dog, it scared me a bit becoz of the fact that when I read some sites it was bad signs. So, she saw a black dog in her dream, it was diying because she wouldn't care/ pay attention to it. But one day she started feeding it and it started to like her and stuff like that. What could that sign be?
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Jan 13, 2008, 12:31 AM
    It could mean a number of things. First, it means your friend is sleeping, which is a good sign. We can also tell that on Jan. 24, 2008 your friend will meet a man named David. David lives on 1256 Main St. He is a carpenter. At the age of 9, David went blind in one eye because of a car accident. Later your friend will get their hair cut. Finally on that day, your friend will dream of the black dog meeting a white dog and the two will be the best of friends.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 12:44 AM
    Dream interpretation is extremely subjective. Here is one interpretation of "black" and "dog" from http://www.dreammoods.com/:

Black symbolizes the unknown, unconscious, danger, mystery, darkness, death, mourning, hate or malice.

If the feeling in the dream is one of joy, blackness could imply hidden spirituality and divine qualities.

To see a dog in your dream indicates a skill that you have ignored or forgotten, but needs to be activated. Alternatively, dogs may symbolize intuition, loyalty, generosity, protection, and fidelity. Your own values and intentions will enable you to go forward in the world and succeed. If the dog is vicious and/or growling, then it signifies some inner conflict within yourself. It may indicate betrayal and untrustworthiness. If the dog is dead or dying, then it indicates a loss of a good friend. Alternatively, it represents a deterioration of your instincts.

To see a happily barking dog in your dream, symbolizes pleasures and much social activity. If the dog is barking ferociously, then it represents your habit of making demands on people and controlling situations around you. It could also mean unfriendly companions.

To dream that you are buying a dog, indicates your tendency to buy your friends or buy compliments/favors. Alternatively, it suggest a need for you to find companionship.

To dream that you are dressing up your dog, signifies your attempts to cover up your own character flaws and habits.

Also consider the notions associated with the word dog, such as loyalty ("man's best friend") and to be "treated like a dog".
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2008, 12:44 AM
    I would interpret it to mean that someone in her life was possibly a shadowy figure that she didn't have much use for... and perhaps the possible friendship was dying, but may have been feeling that if she were nicer and made some effort, then the person might be more likely to respond nicer to her. Dogs are mans best friend...

It might be related to some personal things going on in her life. Dreams "sometimes" can be a way for the subconscious to help a person work through issues in their life.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 12:52 AM
    Dreams are "sometimes" a way for a person to realize what needs working on, and then a counselor will help the person work through those issues. A dream can only reveal, not resolve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pink and Black; Black and Pink 2 times is a charm [ 8 Answers ]

Any color combination, any time, its always a good time :)

Natural black hair that's dyed black, how can I lighten it? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi im new to this! Ive been dying my hair black for about 2 years. My hair is naturally very dark brown/almost black already. Id really like to color it a light brown. should i strip my hair color, then proceedto try a light brown? thanks so much for any kind of help!:o

View more questions Search