Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frenchie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2003, 01:22 PM
    Dissolution of military marriage
    My daughter is in the Navy in Okinawa, Japan. Prior to her being stationed there, she married a boy she met while in Basic Training in Great Lakes, Illinois. He had some health problems and was discharged from the Navy soon after the marriage took place. Try as she might, she was not allowed by the Navy to stay in the United States nor was her husband allowed to accompany her to Okinawa.
    She was the only one trying to make the marriage work, and unfortunately, it didn't. She would try to contact her husband frequently and he wanted nothing to do with her. The times he did speak to her, he became verbally abusive.
    Both parties agree they want a divorce, but the Navy keeps telling my daughter that she has to wait until she is stationed in the United States. What I want to know is if anyone out there knows how to go about this. There must be a way to get her out of this.
    I'm wondering if anullment would be a more quick option. I researched the requirements, and it says that homosexuality is a reason to annul. (My dear son-in-law is a bisexual.) My daughter was young and naiive and she thought she could change him.
    I think he will drag his feet on signing the papers because my daughter has to pay him spousal support and he is not working and not motivated to work. Is there any way to end this without his consent? Does anyone know how to to this internationally?
    Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Rachel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2004, 04:32 AM
    Teen Marriage and Divorce
    Dear Sir

It was interesting to read your daughters story on the website. I am currently doing some research on the subject of teen marriages and I wondered if your daughter was a teenager when she married in the Army.

I know this is not an answer to your questions but it would be interesting to know. Please feel free to email me on [email protected]

Kind regards

Rachel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dissolution of a Partnership by Liquidation [ 3 Answers ]

Hey can anyone help on the this question? Please The following balance sheet information is given for the Snowbird partnership: Snowbird Partnership Balance Sheet Cash 8 000 l Liabilities 22 000...

Looking for an 59 yr old overseas military marriage cert [ 4 Answers ]

Hello All, I am a Family Historian and have been trying to locate my Aunt and Uncles Jan 5th 1946 marriage certificate for years. I have come to the conclusion they may have gone through a military wedding as I have gone through all the resources I know of and havent found one iota of proof...

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

View more questions Search