Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 11:40 AM
    As for money, if everyone would send me a month's salary or so I'd see what kind of good I could do with it :D
    Dana2007 Posts: 230, Reputation: 5

Jan 8, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Tomer
    You make a good point. Maybe all the undocumented are going against her as a result of such a statement.

Contrary to popular belief the undocumented are allowed to vote. Don't ask me how, but they do.
    SonofSam Posts: 35, Reputation: 7

Jan 12, 2008, 11:04 AM
    George, you sound like you're afraid that a black guy might actually have a good set of brains and actually might do a decent job running this country.

Assuming you were born in 1950, I'd guess that you're daddy and grand daddy hated "N*****S" too.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofSam
    George, you sound like you're afraid that a black guy might actually have a good set of brains and actually might do a decent job running this country.

Assuming you were born in 1950, I'd guess that you're daddy and grand daddy hated "N*****S" too.
    That may be your opinion, but not mine. Prove it.

Jan 12, 2008, 01:22 PM
    SonofSam

What is your opinion as to why a black person and a female are being allowed to run for president?

Are people being less prejudice these days?

Or would they like to get a black person or a female in there to clean up the mess in Iran?

I keep up very little with politics or current events and am very naïve? So I came to this forum hoping to find some opinions

I'm too gutless to start a new thread on a subject that I think is very sensitive

Jan 12, 2008, 11:53 PM
    Any U.S. citizen can run for president. Granted you need some clout and a whole lot of money.

Obama is a very intelligent man. He's young and has a lot of fresh ideas, and basically wants both the liberals and conservatives to work together.

Hillary has been in politics forever and comes from a very politically involved family. But, if her hubby had never been president she wouldn't stand a chance. People love familiarity.

As far as predjudice? I think people are becoming more tolerant of other races. Its definitely a virtue these days. To me its seems, at least where I live, that the older you are the more racist you are. Most people that were around during the 50s and 60s still have a hard time accepting people of color. Hell, back in the 20's being a member of the KKK was normal. Something like 1 out of every 10 white males were members.

I think people are slowly realizing that racism is ignorance, plain and simple. I even used to have a lot of racist feelings when I was younger, but as I got to know a lot of mexicans, blacks, etc. on a personal basis whether it was at school or work, the more I realized they are fundamentally no different.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Jan 13, 2008, 12:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    This is a quote from Senator Obama, answering criticism from Hillary concerning leaving out citizens (comrads, sorry) in the health insurance plan: Obama said: "I have no problem, Hillary, with you pointing out areas where you think we have differences. But on health care, for example, the reason that I mandate for children is because children do not have a choice. Adults do, and it's my belief that they will choose to have health care if it is affordable. Now, that's a perfectly legitimate policy difference for us to have. That is different from saying that I will refuse to cover or leave out a bunch of individuals."

In her response, Hillary should have looked into the camera, smiled, and said, 'Why Senator, you sound just like George Bush."

A defining moment lost by Her Majesty.
    Actually, that would have probably scared some people.

Jan 13, 2008, 12:41 AM
    This is a quote from Senator Obama, answering criticism from Hillary concerning leaving out citizens (comrads, sorry) in the health insurance plan: Obama said: "I have no problem, Hillary, with you pointing out areas where you think we have differences. But on health care, for example, the reason that I mandate for children is because children do not have a choice. Adults do, and it's my belief that they will choose to have health care if it is affordable. Now, that's a perfectly legitimate policy difference for us to have. That is different from saying that I will refuse to cover or leave out a bunch of individuals."

In her response, Hillary should have looked into the camera, smiled, and said, 'Why Senator, you sound just like George Bush."

And then Obama would have said, "Oh, you mean the way you sounded when you were campaigning in Texas the other week?"

Jan 13, 2008, 12:42 AM

How can Hilary rule over the U.S. if she can't even control Bill?

Jan 13, 2008, 12:43 AM
    Come on, watcha got! I got all day!

Jan 13, 2008, 12:45 AM
    I think hillary's still pissed that she can't get Slick Will to use the old cigar trick on her. And I don't blame him.

Jan 13, 2008, 01:13 AM
    Thanks guys for the feedback to my questions. I really appreciate your answers.

I'm not around younger folks much so I don't know what is going on with regards to racism.

I personally get the feeling that Obama is a fair person and cares about people.

Caring is lacking so much right now.

Just my feelings that's all. No facts.

Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smartest of the smarts, please help me! [ 3 Answers ]

A hinge is supporting a door that is hanging down from it (think of a doggie door). When a wind is blowing at the top of the hinge at a constant 11 m/s the door is perfectly horizontal (in the beginning it was perfectly vertical with no wind). If a wind of 11 m/s is needed to rotate the door on...

Hillary says she is progressive [ 3 Answers ]

Progressivism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Glenn Beck says that is probably one of the most honest replies she (or any politician) has ever given. What do you consider the pros and the cons of progressivism??

Hurting or Helping Hillary? [ 17 Answers ]

Is her husband Bill helping or hurting her chances? Making her appear less capable and needing his assistance? Causing voters to wonder too much whether he will or won't try another Lewinski scenario? Or is all this totally irrelevant?

Replace P-trap with drum trap--good idea? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a large crack in a cast iron waste line. The line at that point serves just the kitchen sink and is vented to the roof. The first plumber I called wants to disconnect the P-trap, install a drum trap, drill through the cabinet and floor, and connect to the waste line down below the crack....

P-trap GAP - p-trap too low to meet sink drain extension [ 13 Answers ]

I just took an old crane drexel sink off the wall and replaced it for the time being ( I want to fix the older sink) with a cheap vanity/sink set. All that was easy enough, but now to my chagrin I can't finish the job. The p trap is too low, the extension pipe from the sink doesn't go all...

View more questions Search