Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tstrowd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 07:30 AM
    Connecting XBOX to a Panansonic Plasma TV.
    I'm trying to connect an XBOX unit (...not 360) to my Panansonic Plasma TV (TH-50PX60U) using the component video inputs located on the front of the unit. The owners manual says this connection location is used for viewing video directly from a digital camcorder. I think I need to somehow program this but I can't seem to get there from the directions in the manual.:confused:
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2008, 07:39 AM
    Component has Red, Blue, and Green, be sure it is an output. On TV, select proper video input.
    Composite is the Red, White, and Yellow
    KingsX Posts: 231, Reputation: 10

Jan 7, 2008, 08:10 PM
    I agree with Strat. For some reason I can't see a TV with component on the front, but rather composite instead. Composite is video information, and right and left audio. Component is only video, although better quality (I won't get into progressive scanning and the like :) If the front inputs on the TV are yellow, red and white it is composite. And if your xbox has the red, blue and green (component) this won't work. You'll have to plug into one of the red green blue components on the back of the TV. And then there's your audio. If the front is composite, if you have the original xbox video cable, that should be composite and you can plug into the front of the TV.

I know how this can be super confusing. This article helps explain a few things.

So what is Component Video anyway?

Jan 8, 2008, 08:25 PM
    Thanks for clarifying this! It's a 'composite' video connection-- I'll try selecting the proper video input. -Thanks!:)

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando
    Component has Red, Blue, and Green, be sure it is an output. On TV, select proper video input.
    Composite is the Red, White, and Yellow
    </IMG>

Jan 8, 2008, 08:31 PM
    Thanks for clarifying, it's a composite video input. I think I need to select the proper video input-- getting close. Thanks! :)

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX
    I agree with Strat. For some reason I can't see a tv with component on the front, but rather composite instead. Composite is video information, and right and left audio. Component is only video, although better quality (I won't get into progressive scanning and the like :) If the front inputs on the tv are yellow, red and white it is composite. And if your xbox has the red, blue and green (component) this won't work. You'll have to plug into one of the red green blue components on the back of the tv. And then there's your audio. If the front is composite, if you have the original xbox video cable, that should be composite and you can plug into the front of the tv.

I know how this can be super confusing. This article helps explain a few things.

So what is Component Video anyway?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Xbox 360 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I was just playing my 36i went to turn it on then three flashing red lights appeared I checked the power cable and it was a green colour which meant it was fine. I was getting no picture though. Is it the AV cable or is it basically screwed

Connecting to XBOX 360 Live? [ 2 Answers ]

I reccently got the 360 about two months ago and I'm now just wanting to try xbox live. Problem is... when I tried xbox said my IP server wasn't connected? Now there are several computers around the house and I'm using one of the extra computers that uses a network adapter in order to have internet...

Connecting a laptop and an xbox to the router using I line [ 2 Answers ]

How can I connect a laptop and xbox to a router using only 1 line with out losing strength

View more questions Search