Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bloopie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 07:32 PM
    Plumbing diverter
    My kitchen faucet only trickles until I press my sprayer. Pressing the sprayer USUALLY triggers the faucet to flow normally. Only occasionally will the faucet flow normally when I first turn it on. Could it be my diverter? If so can I fix it myself or do I need a plumber?

Please help
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Jan 5, 2008, 07:41 PM
    Yes, I'm almost positive it's the diverter - sounds like it's getting jammed. It probably needs to be cleaned out, or at worst replaced (dont worry, diverters are quite inexpensive).

You don't need to call a professional plumber - that's what this site is for. ;)

In order for us to give you the directions on how to do this, we need to know about your faucet, the more information the better. What brand is it? Is it single- or double-handle? etc.

Post back and we'll try to help you.

Good luck!
    Moishe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing - Changing a Diverter [ 3 Answers ]

How do I change a clogged diverter? When I turn my kitchen faucet on, it takes a couple of seconds for water to come out. I don't hear any noise in my pipes and I had this problem once before.

Leaking diverter [ 3 Answers ]

My shower diverter leaks whenever I turn on the taps. I have an old faucet (pull type diverter ) that is located between the cold and hot faucet. Once the flow on the hot or cold tap is strong enough, I can pull the diverter and the leak from the diverter stops. I unscrewed the cover off diverter...

Diverter valve leak - 3 valve diverter valve? [ 1 Answers ]

My shower has three knobs and the one in the middle diverts the water flow from the tub spout to the shower. I think that means I have a 3 valve diverter valve, if not please correct me. When I turn the diverter knob so that the water comes out of the shower, there is still significant water...

Diverter [ 4 Answers ]

I'm having shower problems and home depot said to bring in my diverter so they could tell me what I need, but I have no idea what a diverter is.

View more questions Search