Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Be-Ro Cook Book and Recipe Information
    Be-Ro

Right this is your guide to Be-Ro, there a flour company that is English that only sells in the states for some crazy reason that I can't explain though there site is English and there books can be purchased but only if you are a uk resident another of those oddities if you ask me. Here's a quick history, Be-Ro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now if you really really have to have these books use your noggin and try Ebay and Amazon you never know what you will find.

Most of these recipes aren't available online unless you find some lucky soul with the book that is willing to share the recipe with you its unlikely you're going to find it.

Let's start with a link for the actual site to get your imagination going….

Be-Ro

Now look at the site and read there are recipes there but they won't be from the older collection so bare in mind when asking for a particular recipe you may or may not be lucky enough to find your answer. I for one had never heard of this make or book before I started here at AMHD and even Google doesn't dish up recipes from them so it's a case of you want it then you buy the books you can find and hope for the best.

Remember this book has been in circulation since 1880's and anyone can determine a recipe if you have a name of what you want to cook then it really doesn't have to be a Be-Ro recipe it can be anything that you can adapt to your taste and needs.
    After that's what cooking is about having an idea and working with it and making it into what you really want to eat and prepare.
    If after reading this you are still utterly adamant you want the exact recipe then good luck you only have to look through previous posts here to see its going to be kind of difficult.
    Neelie Posts: 512, Reputation: 39

Feb 7, 2008, 01:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    Be-Ro

Right this is your guide to Be-Ro, there a flour company that is English that only sells in the states for some crazy reason that I can't explain though there site is English and there books can be purchased but only if you are a uk resident another of those oddities if you ask me. Here’s a quick history, Be-Ro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now if you really really have to have these books use your noggin and try Ebay and Amazon you never know what you will find.

Most of these recipes aren’t available online unless you find some lucky soul with the book that is willing to share the recipe with you its unlikely you’re going to find it.

Let’s start with a link for the actual site to get your imagination going….

Be-Ro

Now look at the site and read there are recipes there but they won't be from the older collection so bare in mind when asking for a particular recipe you may or may not be lucky enough to find your answer. I for one had never heard of this make or book before I started here at AMHD and even Google doesn’t dish up recipes from them so it’s a case of you want it then you buy the books you can find and hope for the best.

Remember this book has been in circulation since 1880’s and anyone can determine a recipe if you have a name of what you want to cook then it really doesn’t have to be a Be-Ro recipe it can be anything that you can adapt to your taste and needs.
    After that’s what cooking is about having an idea and working with it and making it into what you really want to eat and prepare.
    If after reading this you are still utterly adamant you want the exact recipe then good luck you only have to look through previous posts here to see its going to be kind of difficult.
    I have an old Be-Ro recipe book, if anyone wants a recipe and it's there I'm willing to help.
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 02:52 AM
    Thank's Neelie id ask you to scan the book and put it up but we would probably get done for trades discription knowing my luck.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2008, 03:44 AM
    Here is a site that is called Everyday English Recipes that has five recipes using Be-Ro flour:
    Everyday English Recipes Cookbook

I did find a digital collection of one of the old cookbooks:
    Emergence of Advertising in America, 1850-1920 CK0047: Be-Ro Home Recipes: Scones, Cakes, Pastry, Puddings
    Neelie Posts: 512, Reputation: 39

Feb 7, 2008, 04:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    Thank's Neelie id ask you to scan the book and put it up but we would probably get done for trades discription knowing my luck.
    Yeah, I guess you're right there. To be honest I'm not that computer literate, I could scan it but don't have a clue how to put it on here!
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 04:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Neelie
    Yeah, I guess you're right there. To be honest I'm not that computer literate, I could scan it but don't have a clue how to put it on here!
    Heheheheh keep it that way ;) there are to many smart alicks on this site as it is my hubby being one of them :D
    christofel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2012, 11:38 AM
    Hi there I am writing to let you know that I sent a postal order to yourselves in November 2011 and to date I have not received it. Please could let me know what I can do to receive my copy of yourwonderful copy of the recipe book. I am having to replac my copy as my daughter has taken my copy and I really miss using it.
    busybabies Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2018, 04:07 AM
    https://repository.duke.edu/dc/eaa/CK0047 this is the link to download 1920 - 1930 version of the Be-ro cook book. I can highly recommend this book to you as it has good recipes in it that have lasted through time :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I cook imitation crabmeat? [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I bought some imitation crabmeat last night ("Captain's Choice" flaked stye from Safeway) and now that I've looked closer it doesn't say anywhere that it is cooked already. And there is a warning on the package to always fully cook raw fish and meat. So does this mean my imitation crabmeat is...

Cook top [ 1 Answers ]

How do you install a cooktop and oven made by belanger?

How to cook a ham? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to cook a whole ham? How much water? Lid on or off? How do you know for how long and what temp? This is my first ham!

Now This Is Funny... the Chili Cook Off... haha [ 2 Answers ]

If you can read this whole story without laughing then there's no hope > for you. I was crying by the end. Note: Please take time to read this > slowly. If you pay attention to the first two judges, the reaction of > the third judge is even better. For those of you who have lived in >...

View more questions Search