Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loganshay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 12:04 PM
    How Do I Best Transfer Heat From High Ceilings To Floor
    Hello,
    I have 14-foot ceilings, ceiling registers and an old furnace. All my heat stays up near the ceiling and does not warm the living space below. I do not want to but a new furnace, but want to transfer heat down from the ceiling area to my living area. What is the best product to buy to transfer the heat down.
    Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 5, 2008, 01:06 PM
    Ceiling fan
    askme233 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Ceiling fan is usual. I once saw a house that had passive solar heat, which all stayed at the top of the house, so they installed a few small ducts that simply ran from floor to ceiling and put little muffin fans (like on computers) on them to draw the warm air down continusouly. It was a less obtrusive solution.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Ceiling fans work great for this. I recommend using a good quality commercial grade ceiling fan, especially the Envirofan Gold Line, for destratifying heat on high ceilings. But if you require something decorative (the commercial fans aren't ugly, just plain metal) make sure you get something quality. I have more information for you here:

Tips for Buying & Purchasing a Ceiling Fan - Ceiling Fans N More

Ceiling Fan Brand & Manufacturer Recommendation - Ceiling Fans N More

This one is more geared towards non-residential ceiling fans, but it illustrates just how much fans can help with HVAC:

Industrial & Commercial Ceiling Fans - Ceiling Fans N More

And this one is more geared towards residential:

Frequently asked ceiling fan questions - Ceiling Fans N More

I hope I helped, and convinced you to go out and buy a good fan :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nordyne heat pump high suction in heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 yr old heat pump.in heat mode at 40 deg outside I have 120 psi on the suction and 160 psi on the disc. 99 deg. At discharge from condenser.first season for heat.sounds like a stuck or leaking reverse valve. Any suggestions. Thanks ps I tried switching from air to heat a few times

Cooper Motion Switch and High Heat [ 1 Answers ]

I just got the cooper motion sensing switch for my kitchen and after about an hour of use I noticed that the face plate was a bit warm. I took off the decorative face plate and felt the metal flanges that the screws go into and it was almost too hot to touch! Can this be normal? Is there a fire...

Heat Transfer - Physics [ 2 Answers ]

a .500kg sample of water is at 15 degrees C in a calorimeter. A .0400kg mass of zinc at 115 degrees C is placed in the water. What is the final temp of the system if specific heat of zinc is 388J/kg/C and the specific heat of water is 4184J/kg/C? This was the exact question goven to me I think...

Heat Pumo high pressure switch [ 1 Answers ]

Heat will work fine through a cycle but after it completes cycle it goes off on the high pressure switch. It is a Ruud. The indoor filter is clean and coils on condensing unit are clean. I have to reset condensing unit and it will run fine through that cyle then repeats problem. Any ideas as to...

View more questions Search