Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krikylloh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2006, 09:35 PM
    Restraining orders & a crazy mother
    I'm going to try to make this easy to read & understand. I don't know what to do, what my rights are. Here is my story.
    *met a single dad in April.
    His ex-girlfriend, mother of his kids, abandoned their children with him PLUS her 5 year old son from another man
    *i offered my help and have been babysitting for him since April.
    *the mom came back and didn't want me around the children (gave no reasonable explanation - I'm a decent person)
    *she abandoned them AGAIN and the dad came back to me to help him. (taking the poor 5 year old son with her)
    *i let them move in with me so he can get himself back on his feet. He's a very loving father.
    *3 months later the mom came back banging on my doors and windows wanting her kids back (apparently she does not like the dad receiving free help from anyone... she wants him to struggle)
    *10 cops show up to my door and come into my house looking for them. They're not there. Cops leave.
    *a few days later the mom blocks my car in the parking lot with the dad, me and the babies in the car. The dad takes the babies out of the car and heads for a nearby building (to keep them safe) instead of going to her babies to greet them or hug them, she proceeds to threaten me. I back into her car, move it out of the way and drive off. She chases me and rams my car. She persues me down the road. She finally leaves me. When I talk to the cops, they tell me it's a civil matter.
    *i got a restraining order on her, dad got temp custody and restraining order against her
    *a few days later 10 cops come to my house AGAIN, serve me with a restraining order to stay away from the children (the children and dad were not there)
    *now the dad and the babies are homeless because I can't be around them
    *that's the main highlights of my story. Does anyone have any input... BESIDES wash my hands and move on? ;)
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2006, 10:28 PM
    First, get yourself a lawyer.

Second, apply to have the restraining order on you which prevents you going to the kids removed.

Third, if the mom keeps abandoning the kids, why doesn’t Dad go for full custody?

Great idea about getting the restraining order against the mom. You need to keep her away from you... she sounds crazy.
    krikylloh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2006, 04:17 PM
    Thank you
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to talk to a lawyer tomorrow. Dad has temp full custody & will go for perm custody, but if you've had experiences in family court, you know that the judges aren't always fair. We'll see what happens

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stopping a restraining order [ 3 Answers ]

Can somebody tell me how to stop a restraining order?

Restraining Order - Repeat Violence [ 3 Answers ]

I have a friend who has a restraining order against him and he has asked me To go speak to the person who ordered the restraining order and ask that Person to drop the order because he says it is my fault that it was placed on Him. I am afraid if I do that according to Florida law this would be...

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Sibling restraining order due to manulipation of children? [ 6 Answers ]

My question is,, In California can I get a restraning order to keep my sister away from my children who are 11 & 14. She talksa to them about "how bad of a parent" I am, and tells them I can't afford the things they want because I am broke and at the moment disabled and not bringing in as much $$...

Getting rid of old drycleaning orders [ 2 Answers ]

I have a customer that has not paid storage fees for the past 9 months on an order that was agreed she'd pay $20/mo on. I sent a final notice last month giving her time to pay up or we were going to give all to a charitable organization. She signed for the registered letter, but we have not had...

View more questions Search