Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christinereeve Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 06:59 AM
    visitation rights to see my granddaughter
    I am a grandmother of a 3 year old granddaughter who we dearly love I have had her nearly every weekend since she was born she is my sons daughter he has been having problems with his partner when they are not getting on he goes out and gets drunk and because she does not want to know him anymore now she says because he has smashed her window we are not allowed to see my granddaughter now as we should have not let him go out drinking again he does not even live at my house he is 27 except it is my fault {his mum}
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 5, 2008, 07:11 AM
    1. What formal court ordered visitation does he have. If he is suppose to have the child, he will need to go back to court to inforce his visitation rights.

But his breaking her windows, esp if she filed apolice report and also if she got a restraining order on him, this may hurt it.

There are a few states that do allow formal grandparents rights, if you live in one of those, you can get an attorney and file for visitation.
    loisdowell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 08:48 PM
    I have a 6 year old granddaughter who I have had every weekend since she was born her mother is going to take her out of state her father is in prison I want to know is there anything I can do about this? Her father has court order visitation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Visitation rights [ 2 Answers ]

My ex is suing me for more child support and attempting to modify my visitation rights;my daughter does not want to see at all. What will happen when we go to court... will they get their way?

Visitation Rights [ 4 Answers ]

As a father... I need to know what are my Visitation Rights in Texas with my Son during the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays. Can somebody please help?

Visitation Rights [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question regarding the law for visitation of the father in NC. Here's the scenario: My boyfriend has a 7 year old son with an ex. He does pay child support (court-ordered) and provides for his son (outside of child support) and tries to see him as much as possible. He basically...

Visitation rights [ 4 Answers ]

1)My dad wants visitation rights and all after 12 years and I was wondering how long it takes before I get to meet him. He got an attorney about 2 weeks ago. My mom still needs to make sure I'm okay with everything and blah blah blah but roughly when should I meet him? If he just started...

Visitation rights [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of a new law about visitation rights for the noncustodial parent? Thanks,Roxpate

View more questions Search