Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Jan 4, 2008, 11:17 PM
    word press install confusing me
    I am running zend 5.1.0, php5, apache webserver, and msql (latest public release as of today)

I downloaded wordpress off WordPress › Blog Tool and Weblog Platform and set it up in a directory in my apache htdocs folder.

I configured mysql to have a database called wordpress. I then went to the wp-config.php file and entered all the correct information. I am 100% sure that this information is correct.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    define('DB_NAME', 'wordpress'); // The name of the database
    define('DB_USER', 'root'); // Your MySQL username
    define('DB_PASSWORD', 'mypass'); //... and password
    define('DB_HOST', 'localhost'); // 99% chance you won't need to change this value
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when I run install.php I get the following error message:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error establishing a database connection
    This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at 127.0.0.1/32. This could mean your host's database server is down.

Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
    Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
    Are you sure that the database server is running?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. I know that MySQL is running, I can create tables, add users, etc. any help would be APPRECIATED!!
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Jan 4, 2008, 11:19 PM
    Oh and I forgot to mention this is on windows xp sp2

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

BATCH files silent install or unassisted install? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, :confused: I have many application's that I install at my place of employment. These applications have been packaged into a .exe, I currently install these apps VIA Batch files as there are many prerequisites required to install before installing the application itself i.e.. Oracle 9 etc....

Bench press [ 8 Answers ]

How should bench press be done? Right now I'm doing 4 sets of 10 reps at 50 pounds. Do I increase the weight after each set or start at about 100 pounds and decrease the weight after each set. What would be best to do to build mass?

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

View more questions Search