Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 4, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Yet ANOTHER "pregnancy signs" post
    I have reached the point where I'll believe I might be pregnant when a doctor tells me positively I am when I go to the emergency room because I can't keep anything down. Yes, it's been that hopeless.

However, I read a recent post that headache is a possible sign of pregnancy, and I had never heard that before.

I've had low-grade nausea (enough to not want to eat, but not enough to make me want to throw up--really close to motion sickness, the kind you get from watching a TV screen that moves too abruptly), a headache, and sore breasts for the last week or so.

I just recently had my eyes checked, and had a full physical exam (minus pap smear and mammogram, since the mammogram needs to be set up some time in advance through my doctor, and I was menstruating during the physical exam, so no pap). Everything was normal a month ago!

I don't expect my period until Tuesday (1/8) or so--it's been erratic lately.

Should I be going to see the doctor? Or should I just assume that I have PMS combined with stress?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Sheesh, Synn, I'm so sorry I missed your post. But, dear sister of mine, you know what I am going to say here.

It could be either/or...

Well, since we discussed this on MSN, we'll see what others may have to say.

Loves you Sis...
    Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 07:33 AM
    Well, one negative pregnancy test down, with still no signs of my period.

It would be just my luck for it to show up today, though---I'm wearing a dress tonight that allows for very little in the way of undergarments!

The test had expired in 12/07, though, so I'll just retest in a couple days if I don't see my period.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Yep, don't use the expired tests, because they can be pretty inaccurate. I would suggest going straight for a qualatative blood test. Just go to your local hospital and ask them for a qualatative blood test, they aren't much more expensive then buying an hpt, and are more accurate and depending on how early you get in to do the test, you could know within 4-24 hours. Good luck! Hope all goes well. The waiting game really sucks, doesn't it?(and isn't it annoying how your period tends to come when you least want it. I always start the day before we go on a big car trip haha.)
    Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 01:19 PM
    I think I'm just going to wait until next week now, and hope that I don't start before then.

Keeping my fingers crossed, though... the hubby and I were pretty disappointed this morning..
    Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 01:22 PM
    I got my fingers crossed for you sis. Just remember that it's bad luck to cross both hands!!
    Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Hey, I'm going out and wearing a sexy dress tonight... one you can't wear underthings with! I'm good!

Seriously... I had to go buy these sticky things that you kind of... tape... your boobs up with. INSANE!

I'll try to post pics!

In the meantime---how do I get my boobs to stop being so darned sore? They both feel like a pimple that you can't pop!
    Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 01:28 PM
    OMG, your boobs are THAT sore!! I think I'll hold my breath till the next test. LOL
    Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 01:31 PM
    LOL... is that umm... a GOOD thing?

OWIE!
    Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Ummmm... YEAH!!

Got to go get your niece and nephew from school, be back in a few. Did you get Rae's pics?
    Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 01:35 PM
    NO! Are they in my email?

I'll go look for them!
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 06:01 PM
    I'm excited to hear what your results are!
    Expert

Jan 14, 2008, 12:45 AM
    Well, I'm not pregnant.

Apparently, I just had the worst PMS of my life, since my period started this evening.

Thanks for all the help and finger crossings, though!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

Follow Up to " I need Help. I am simply lost and hurt again" 9/5 post [ 13 Answers ]

First off, I want to thank Val, Philly, and others who posted and gave their honest opinions on this topic. I was recently in a very bad auto accident and spent nearly a week in the hospital and half of the time in a coma. My sister took my phone and tm'd everybody on my list about my condition...

View more questions Search