Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jan 4, 2008, 07:31 PM
    Jacuzzi while pregnant
    I know that while you are pregnant you are not suppose to get into a hot tub but what about a jacuzzi? I know the reason you aren't suppose to get into a hot tub is because of the extreme heat but I didn't know if it also had something to do with the air bubbles produced by the jets. Would all the jets and bubbles produced by a jacuzzi be safe? I know that while pregnant you are suppose to be safe and not have water or air forced up into you that is why I am curious if a jacuzzi would be safe.
    lil_pea07 Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Jan 5, 2008, 12:10 AM
    No a jacuzzi would not be safe. I have even read on the net about bathing while pregnant. Some sites say that bathing is also unsafe, I don't get how, maybe if you stay in there forever with hot water. But I do no for sure that a jacuzzi is not safe. That was listed right along with hot tub.
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Jan 5, 2008, 09:09 AM
    I have a jacuzzi tub in my bathroom and it has been my saving grace I use it all the time (which the doctor said was ok)
    So far no harm just much needed relaxation.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 5, 2008, 09:56 AM
    A jacuzzi is perfectly safe... bathing is perfectly safe. They are fine up until you lose your mucous plug or your water breaks.

As Crystal says, a jacuzzi can be your saving grace, it can massage those tight and tense muscles in your back.

Showering can actually be more dangerous as there is a possibility of losing your balance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septic smell from under jacuzzi [ 1 Answers ]

How do I fix a septic smell from under our jacuzzi? The smell is infiltrating the entire house!

Jacuzzi motor jammed [ 2 Answers ]

I need some direction on this. I am helping a friend with their jacuzzi. When you turn on the motor it just hums. Is it because the water ports are jammed or plugged? Right now the side is tiled and unable to access and do not want to proceed without a good plan. Any guidance would be most...

Leaking Jacuzzi [ 2 Answers ]

My jacuzzi is upstairs in my master suite. I noticed last night that it is leaking (drips) to the ceiling below, which is the dining room. Can anyone tell me how the repair can be made and how much this may cost me? Should I call a plumber or one of my area's jacuzzi dealer?

View more questions Search