Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmacinc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Computer speakers don't work even when not hooked to a computer!
    I have an older set of Boston Acoustics speakers. There are two speakers and a sub. The power goes into the sub and there is a control out that goes to one speaker and then from that speaker to the other one. On the back of the sub there is a power in, control out, digital in, and analog in, if that helps. They seemed to have quit working and I need to know how you can tell if there is a problem within the speaker system. I'm not trying to hook them up to my computer, although they did quit working a while back when I had them hooked up to it. I'm now just trying to hook them up in my garage and run my iPod from them but I can't get anything. How can I tell if they're bad and maybe, how can I fix them? They sounded great when they used to work but now I have nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2008, 10:16 PM
    Make sure you are plugging them into the computer to the "Line in" jack on the PC
    If you have a little speaker next to your clock, double click on that,and your Master Volume should come up, you should have a "Line in" volume level - make sure that is not muted
    If "line in" is not there, click on options then properties make sure the line in is Checked
    If it is not checked, after you check it it will appear in your master volume settings, make sure it is not muted

If you don't have litlle speaker next to clock, go to control panel and click on sound and audio devices and click advanced bringing up your master volume - follow steps above

Post back
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2008, 11:34 PM
    I got a battery operated docking station for my MP3 -- really like the idea of

Plugging MP3 into computer speaker set, works great... have found many at

Garage sales -- mine has adapter for power and a light when it is on

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer won't work [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I got windows xp media centre Version 2002 Service pack 2 My computer takes long to start up It will only show my wallpapper and no icons Sometimes it shows wallpapper and icons Once I start it it comes with

Computer doesnot work at all [ 2 Answers ]

Last night I shut down my computer properly, there was no power fluctuation/failure (there were no problem shutting down). And the next morning when I try to start my computer, it does not start. The SMPS fan and CPU fan are working fine. I have tested my CPU and RAM too on a friend's computer and...

ITunes songs erased/iPod won't work if hooked up to a computer [ 2 Answers ]

My sister has an iPod and we have iTunes on our computer. All the songs she had on her iPod were on iTunes, until recently. Now everything she had on iTunes is gone, and we don't know why that happened. Also, she can't add anything else to her iPod or hook it up to her computer or she'll lose all...

I want to install 2 outdoor speakers to my computer. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a couple of good quality, small Sony surround sound speakers that I want to install on the patio. They will only be playing music from the hard drive on my computer. I am looking for any suggestions other than running them through my home stereo system. That is not an option because the...

Personal computer as sole computer at work [ 1 Answers ]

I work for a non-profit which has a very low (almost non-existant) budget. When I started work, I agreed to use my personal laptop, which I had purchased about 2 years prior, as my work computer because they could not afford to provide the equipment I needed to do my job (marketing, PR, web...

View more questions Search