Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spyyder Posts: 35, Reputation: -2

Dec 31, 2005, 09:22 PM
    Frameless Popup For Flash MX
    How do I create a frameless popup window for/in flash MX? (e.g. no titlebar, statusbar, etc). I need to know how (as in what to type into a buttons properties) to open up an internet browser popup window (but frameless/containerless) to a URL.
    Thanks!:)
    KAOSKTRL Posts: 119, Reputation: 0

Jan 1, 2006, 11:26 AM
    http://simplythebest.net/scripts/DHT...script_43.html

This kind of thing?

Jan 1, 2006, 11:33 AM
    Yeah..
    Just like example 'e'... but for flash (those only work for html/non flash pages).
    KAOSKTRL Posts: 119, Reputation: 0

Jan 1, 2006, 12:10 PM
    I recommend asking the author of the script
    I would think you can slice the image map and create events I have only been working with DWswf/fw for 15 minutes so that's a guess
    http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2006, 02:56 AM
    I'm not too sure this is possible from Flash.

Create a completely bordless window (no title bar) requires a fair bit of coding I believe. If you are willing to accept the title bar it's easy (examples here). But to get rid of that title bar involves a lot of work. I'll try and find an example for you.

Does it have to be an external web page you are loading? Could it just be something within Flash that you can just simply show/hide on the button click?

Jan 14, 2006, 05:38 AM
    Thanks but
    Well... no... its just... OK this is simple though...

I just need a button that when clicked, opens (just flashes in.. Nothing fancy) a window (textarea with scrollpane) within the same area/timeline...
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2006, 06:50 AM
    Well I think the easiest way to do this would be to create a rectangle (this will be you window), place a textarea in it, then select both the rectangle & scrollbar and covert this to a symbol (F8). Set it's type as a movie clip and give it a name (I've used myPopUpWindow for this example).

Then I believe you can hide it with something like (not I don't do much Flash so this syntax might be off slightly):
    Code:
    _root.myPopUpWindow._visible = 0;
    To hide the "window". Enter the above code so that it runs when the movie loads (so it hides the window on startup). Then you just need to call the same code but with 1 instead of 0 to show the window when you need it.
    AskMrVideo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 09:54 AM
    You can get a frameless flash player here: AskMrVideo.com Included is the html you need to accomplish this. Basically, all you need to do is have an FLV with transparent background. Embed the swf player using WMODE=TRANSPARENT.
    mmumshad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2009, 01:35 AM
    1. Create a new symbol by selecting Insert > New Symbol.
    2. Set the name to TitleBackground.
    3. If the advanced view is not displayed, click the Advanced button.
    4. Select Export for ActionScript.
    5. The identifier is automatically filled out with TitleBackground.
    6. Set the AS 2.0 class to mx.skins.SkinElement.
    SkinElement is a simple class that can be used for all skin elements that don't provide their own ActionScript implementation. It provides movement and sizing functionality required by the version 2 of the Macromedia Component Architecture component framework.
    7. Make sure that Export in First Frame is already selected, and click OK.
    8. Open the new symbol for editing.
    9. Keep this symbol Blank
    10. Click the Back button to return to the main timeline.
    11. Drag the Window component to the Stage.
    12. Select Control > Test Movie.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Need help making movies with flash macromedia flash pro 8 [ 23 Answers ]

Help! I need to animate this movie sort of like a cartoon for example if I wanted a stick man ( example) and I want it to throw a stick then run. This is very hard because I make the man and I have to modify and modify every slide s the man can like move his hand. There must be an easier way. Need...

PopUp Window on Task Bar, ONLY [ 2 Answers ]

Every so often I get this blue bordered window on my task bar that is white or blank inside, if you will, with no description. It loads quickly than goes. Now I do NOT get any corresponding window on my desk top just on the task bar and my computer stops while this thing loads for the two seconds...

Need help getting rid of popup ads. [ 7 Answers ]

:( I'm a new member and have joined out of hope and desperation. For some reason, I keep getting pop up ads that seem to be Internet Explorer related - and they are coming up even when I'm offline. One (the worst) is http://dnaads.com - but several others have made an appearance. Sometimes, this...

Download trojan from hell, aurora popup etc [ 1 Answers ]

That would be me asking for all the help and may I say you all came through for me (I am not surprised) Anyway my poor computer got all jacked up and I decided to get some help from the big guns, MICROSOFT! After all I bought their software (not cheap) I had lost faith until this day They are...

Aurora Popup [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: OK Guys here's the deal... I had some serious malware attacks and with your help got all but one. I downloaded Adware Away (great little program for those hard to reach bugz) This is what it is telling me... Found Aurora Popup Adware- ...

View more questions Search