Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2005, 02:42 PM
    Wireless hookup to PC
    I just purchased a belkin wireless G router and have it hooked up to my PC. I want to run my laptop to it also. I would appreciate any help in this.
    spyyder Posts: 35, Reputation: -2

Dec 31, 2005, 02:51 PM
    Here is how
    You will first have to setup the router. Follow the instructions on your manual on how to do this. YOU ALSO HAVE TO TELL YOUR Internet service provider (ISP) that you are going to share your internet via a router. OK. When setting up your router it'll ask for things like MTU number, username, connection type (e.g. PPPoe or PPPoa, etc) - get this information from you ISP. That's your internet connection done... not the wireless bit.

Setup wireless: type in the name of the router (ur choice), set a security measure, either WPA or WEP (64 or 128-bit). I would go for WEP64bit (this is the least secure.. but secure enough.. and it doesn't sacrifice much speed) it will then give you a password.. Select the range (I would go for both wireless be and g mixed... select 'long range' if you have a slightly bigger house like 10K+ sq feet).

Your laptop needs a wireless card. Once its in use windows connection tools to connect to the router (you will have to input the password your router gave u).

It should be easy and simple if you follow your manuals to.. u did a good job getting a belkin by the way.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 31, 2005, 03:01 PM
    This looks like a clear case of RTFM, time to read the manual that came with your router.
    It is very easy to setup as you get everything you need to connect to your ISP in the box.
    The easiest way to do this is(I wint give full instructions as they are in the routers manual);
    1/ plug your laptop directly into the router
    2/make sure your router is connected to your dsl/cable modem
    3/Go to your routers home page and setup the connection
    4/enable wireless
    5/make sure everything works while still connected
    6/unplug your laptop and turn on your wireless
    7/connect to you router
    8/job done.

Hope this helps a little

Quote Originally Posted by spyder
    YOU ALSO HAVE TO TELL YOUR Internet service provider (ISP) that you are going to share your internet via a router.
    Spyder, you don't have to tell them this at all !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amp hookup [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new car with a good stereo system in it but it doesn't have the preamp outputs for the rca cables is there another way to hook my amp and subwoofers up to my stereo? If so how can go about doing it.

Hookup for A/C relay [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed an A/C unit to my furnace. I want to confirm where the relay wires go as well as the other thermostat wires. Furnace has C W R G Y terminals. Thermostat has W R G Y terminals. There are four wires running between them, and two are hooked up. They are White -...

Hampton bay hookup,I forgot [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Hampton bay ceiling fan which came with the hand held remote... I am reinstalling it in a new location and forgotten the hook up... My black & white Power go the AC of the transmitter... and the balck & white from the fan itself go to the black & white (motor) of the transmitter... what I...

Hookup TV [ 2 Answers ]

How do I hookup my TV to DVD/VCR, Satellite, Cable? I can get the satellite and cable to work but not the DVD/VCR:confused:

How to hookup to off air antenna [ 2 Answers ]

Not a big TV watcher, so don't sub to cable or dish... but I'd like to do better than the rabbit ears. There is an old off air antenna in the attic and I was wondering: 1) Can I just run coax up and hookup to the off air without mounting the antenna outside the house? Seems to me that its...

View more questions Search