Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ready222222 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Gas Furnace Lockout Timer
    I have a Carrier gas furnace that I believe has a bad lockout timer. The furnace will sometimes run sometimes run then shut off and other times run fine. When it would suddenly stop I tapped on the lockout timer and it ran again, that makes me feel the lockout timer is bad but now when the furnace runs the blower motor will not come on and the furnace will shut down on high temperature and has to be reset. Do you know if the lockout timer can cause the blower motor to not run? I can make the blower motor run by turning it on at the thermostat "fan on" setting.
    I would appreciate any advice. Thank You, Jim
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 07:23 PM
    You must have a system that's a few years old, if its using the remote lockout timer. The blower will work if it locks out the timer only locks out the W call from the thermostat(heat ). You can reset it by killing power than turn it back on. Don't bypass it you need it for this style of system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant Lockout [ 1 Answers ]

I'm renting weekly for a commercial space in VA. I have a signed lease. What are my rights regarding the landlord locking me out of the space? I would like to know if the "wrongful eviction/lockout" is worth pursuing? My payments were behind by 4 weeks, but I never paid weekly from the start; I...

Coleman Gas Furnace Lockout [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Coleman Evcon gas furnace in my garage, and when the temperature outside gets extremely cold (like 14 deg right now) the furnace will lockout and not re-light. The garage door is pretty shot, so this furnace has been exposed to the elements for a number of years... I have had a...

Furnace Fan Timer [ 3 Answers ]

Looking for assistance on how to install a timer on a low voltage gas forced air (with a/c) system so that the blower fan can be set to come on at certain times and off at others, while still being automatically controlled as needed by the system.

Carrier Furnace Limit Circuit Lockout [ 1 Answers ]

My Carrier Furnace is continuously blowing and the heat doesn't work. The code was first, Limit Circuit Fault, tnen after changing the filter, it went to Limit Circuit Lockout -- and it is still blowing cold air. (Yikes!! It got down to 10 degrees outside)

View more questions Search