Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alyssarox32 Posts: 70, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Is it fair?
    I have been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years now and we love each other very much but I have this one little problem that keeps me wondering about him. You see, I love kids and plan to have atleat 2 of them, preferably with him and I have told him this. The thing is, he has a child, which is not mine and his response to me was "I already have a child, I dont want another." Just because he has one doesn't make it fair for him to say that. Is that selfish and what should I do?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2008, 02:46 PM
    When there is such a fundamental difference as this, then it is very serious to a relationship. If, by chance, you would become pregnant and know what he feels, he would feel threatened or that you became pregnant on purpose to trap him. He would most likely leave and you would be left to care for that child alone.

When there is such a big difference such as this, it is wise to back up, re-evaluate and re-consider the future. He may not be the one for the long term family plan. He is at least honest with you now and telling you this upfront. Respect that and respect his openness. Look for someone who does share your family goals. Or learn to be content without having babies with this guy.

Good luck to you.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 02:48 PM
    If you can't agree one of the most critical questions in making a family then it is time to find someone that does want to make a family with you.
    nkychic Posts: 180, Reputation: 70

Jan 5, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Yep, I think it's time you step back and decide what it is you truly want for your life. Maybe this is not the guy for you long term. Decide what it is that is important to you, if having kids is on that list then you should find someone who wants the same things. You have a big decision to make here girl. Good luck.

<3 Leslie
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 09:49 PM
    Uh oh, this will never work, if you want kids, you should be with someone who wants the same thing in life. He gave you fair warning, so its your decision. How bad do you want kids, is the question you must answer.
    reyes lujan Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Jan 21, 2008, 12:29 AM
    I say get out why you can!! Find someone who wants the same things you want. His a dead end.
    lacuran8626 Posts: 270, Reputation: 57

Jan 30, 2008, 02:15 PM
    What's fair is for him to be honest and for you to decide whether it's a deal-breaker issue. People don't have another child to be fair to their partner - they do it because they are committed to being a parent. Your boyfriend does not want to make that commitment, and you should respect him for being honest, though I understand that it's upsetting to you.

You probably need to break up with him and find someone who shares your goals for the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Science Fair [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm doing an experiment for a science fair and I would like to know if you could tell me what is the general ingredients in drain cleaner and/or toilet cleaner. I trying to find out the affects of drain cleaner and toilet scrub on the environment. Of course, you can just give me a...

Was this fair? [ 11 Answers ]

An unemployed friend of mind agreed to me hiring him to do some housecleaning for me as I am recovering fron an injury. I have a one bedrm condo 1073 sq feet. He vacuumed 3 carpeted areas (LR/DR?BedRM)& washed the hardwood floor around the areas the carpet did not cove. He vacummed the carpet...

Is It Really Fair? If so, to Who? [ 72 Answers ]

http://images.43things.com/entry/278835pw91.jpg This question is something that many of our young girls of today must ask themselves. It is a heart-wrenching question for any who contemplate it. Some really don’t know what to do because of the lack of maturity that only comes from experience...

What's fair [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together 6 years. We have had our ups and downs and have decided we want to be together. During a break up he had a one night stand that produced another child. We both have a child from a previous marriage and now one together. He pays child support for his daughter...

Science fair [ 1 Answers ]

I have a science fair coming up and I'm stuck on a question. I need a project that's fast, simple and will get me good grades. Please help Thanks

View more questions Search