Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    margarita_momma Posts: 299, Reputation: 46

Jan 3, 2008, 02:33 PM
    How to get ex-husbands card off my credit report
    Hi everyone. I pulled a copy of my credit report yesterday and I noticed that my ex-husband's Visa card is still on my list of credit. I was only an authorized signer on the account but I was taken off during our divorce. How can I get this off my credit report. He has that card maxed out and its dragging my score down? Thanks in advance. :cool:
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Call up the company. Tell them that you two are divorced. They may request evidence of a divorce.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2008, 03:34 PM
    To be taken off, the credit card company often has to be given official notice from the owner of the card, did your ex send in a signed request to have you taken off as per the divorce order?

Often most credit card companies wll require a official notice
    margarita_momma Posts: 299, Reputation: 46

Jan 3, 2008, 03:38 PM
    If it turns out that I am still on the account, once I am taken off will the card be taken off my credit report?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2008, 05:48 PM
    No, but it will not be further reported. Since it was on it from a time you were still on the account, it has a legal status to be on it.

For the good news, with the laws now, just as a authorised user, not a co/owner, you can't be forced the bills. But the negative information can be placed as long as you are listed as a authorised user.

But for what it is worth, the good news, in about 2 years, the positive or negative credit can not be reported on authorised users.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can they garnish my husbands paycheck for an old credit card bill, in Ga. [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I signed up for the "Consumer Credit Consolidation" a few years ago to get out of debt. One credit card company, after one month, dropped me from the plan because of late payment. Reason being that the money order purchased to send to CCCS turned up missing or stolen, I never found...

How do I get a credit report from all three bureaus with no credit card [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get all three creidt reports with out submitting a credit card.

Bad Credit on My Report From MIDLAND FUNDING Credit Issued in 1999? [ 3 Answers ]

The only thing I can think off I did not pay off was a credit card I had applied for in the year 1999 when I was in college. It was a $500 limit card, being that it was a first credit card I did miss some payments & every time I did I would get hit with a $30 late payment + $30 over limit fee plus...

Am I responsible for husbands credit card debt? South Carolina [ 1 Answers ]

State South Carolina Question: 1. Can I be held responsible for ex husband's credit card debt? 2. Can my bank accounts be frozen? THIS IS MY MAIN CONCERN RIGHT NOW:confused: 3. Can my 401k or IRA be frozen as well? I know we have a no garnishment law. My concern is my bank accounts and...

View more questions Search