Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shocked Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 01:40 PM
    My husband has been leading a double life
    I have recently found out that my soon to be "ex" has been cheating on me our entire marriage and has a 2 1/2 son with another woman. We have a 5 year old together.

Does anyone know how a court will respond with this type of situation?
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 3, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocked
    I have recently found out that my soon to be "ex" has been cheating on me our entire marriage and has a 2 1/2 son with another woman. We have a 5 year old together.

I've been through divorce and we must have went through court quite a few times. Of course my situation was probably a bit different. But It very very much depends on the attitude of the judge. Even if you have an extremely well paid lawyer. Ya better hope the judge isn't a jerk.
    Shocked Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 02:03 PM
    It's really a shame how the legal system works - my son and I did nothing but yet we have been going to court every two weeks and I have seen NO money the last two months. I am still waiting for the PDL to go through. We're going to court for a restraining order - I have been granted one year and my son is on it as well - this is what we keep going back for. He did get to see our son on x-mas with MY rules. What's the point of a restraining order if it will not be inforced?

I guess he had to fork out the money for x-mas with his new family.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 09:04 PM
    The legal 'system' was not designed to handle the challenges presented by the modern era. Consequently, it is always in a 'catch-up' mode, with society changing so much, so often. You mentioned two issues: money and restraining order. (I have never heard of 'PDL') Money is in the form of child support and alimony; have you been awarded either or both? Restraining orders are common, but is this something that you need? Has he threatened you in some way, or threatened your child?
    harlysdream66 Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Jan 3, 2008, 09:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocked

The welfare of the children is paramount , period, they court don't care how the kids, got here, they just care, how they are to be cared for, from now on
    I'm sorry he was playing away from home , but that's life, in fact he was cheating on three people, himself, you ,and the other woman ,
    Just be glad , you found out today...
    Don't use the kid as a pawn , look beyond this , and take care of your child the best way you see fit...

One more thing keep a record of anything the court mite want to know,
    Prove he can't be trusted...
    Sorry... I hope you go on to find the real one for you :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband won't make me a priority in his life [ 4 Answers ]

We have been married almost two years and together for 3 years. My husband works for his father who by the way is a Toxic parent. I even have toxic in-laws. I also have a career; however at 5:00pm I leave work for the day and go home. I always call my husband on my way home and he tells me he...

My sex life with my husband [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my husband got married and appearently he has loved me from the time he has married me but from the first day he has been scared of sex and we have not led a healthy sexual relationship. We only have sex when I push him to have sex. He seems the least attracted to me and still claims that...

My husband changed my life overnight [ 21 Answers ]

Last September my husband and I went to see a social worker about taking his ex to court for custody of his children. He found out that he could take them that day if he wanted to. So we drove home and he went and picked up his kids and we went from a family of two with a brand new baby to a...

Will I Ever Have A Sex Life W/my Husband [ 3 Answers ]

Hello,I Don't Even Know Where To Begin.I Guess I Will Just Blurt It All Out.I Have Been W/ My Husband For 6 Years , Married For 4 Years He Just Turned 37 And I Will Be 30 Soon.my Husband And I Started Of Haiving Sex Quit Often And It Was Great,then About Alost A Year In To The Relationship He...

View more questions Search