Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Devistated Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 01:12 PM
    Are horoscopes reliable?
    I have been relying a lot on daily horoscopes to help with my relationship problems. However, when I read a certain horoscope that is bad it ruins my whole day. Like my ex who tells me he will want me back. When I read his, it will say something like, Romance is in the air for you today. This destroys my whole out look on life. Please help me understand this stuff. Do we make our own destinys or is it really written in the stars for us already?
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Jan 3, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Let me ask you this: Would you rely on a stranger to tell you your destiny?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Life is what you make it. Not what some watered down horoscope that is marketed to millions says.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Pretty much, if you follow the horoscopes, it means 1/12th of the world population will have the same day as you. The world population is currently over 6 billion, but we'll use that number.

Roughly 500 million other people have the same horoscope that you do.

That means, if your horoscope says something along the lines of "beware, danger awaits you" that means... 500 million people should have danger waiting for them.

... you believe that?
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 3, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Devistated
    I have been relying alot on daily horoscopes to help with my relationship problems. However, when I read a certain horoscope that is bad it ruins my whole day. Like my ex who tells me he will want me back. When I read his, it will say something like, Romance is in the air for you today. This destroys my whole out look on life. Please help me understand this stuff. Do we make our own destinys or is it really written in the stars for us already?

Do not go by horoscopes. I was told that I would have the perfect marriage and our love would be so strong people would ask us for adivce to make their relationship last and we would be this legend of a couple. Hahaha yeah what a joke.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2008, 02:44 PM
    I say they are not reliable! Do you know how many times they said travel to a far off place was in my future and the furthest I got was the local grocery store.
    It takes more than a sentence or two in a daily horoscope to do a real astrological reading.
    I think numerology is more reliable.
    Also they might tell you you are going to do something like sign a legal paper or go abroad,
    They neglect to mention that it MAY BE a bad decision, none the less it influenced you to
    Do that for the good or the bad.

It is like ISneezefunny says. Like how Pat Robertson will say "I see somebody healed from sneezing funny"
    And 10 people that sneeze funny no longer Sneeze funny but ISneezefunny might still sneeze funny.:D :D :D :D :D
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Horoscopes are not meant to be taken seriously - although I am sure someone would debate that with me. I think it is for amusement only. Depending on your religious beliefs, horoscopes are not be dabbled in, as astrology is not a tool that some demoninations would say is right to believe in.

Even if you profess no religious background - go and find five horoscopes for your day. I would bet you that all five say something different.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2008, 06:14 PM
    Horoscopes are not to be relied on ever. Don't bother wasting your time.
    Foxyarse Posts: 41, Reputation: 4

Mar 21, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Devistated
    I have been relying alot on daily horoscopes to help with my relationship problems. However, when I read a certain horoscope that is bad it ruins my whole day. Like my ex who tells me he will want me back. When I read his, it will say something like, Romance is in the air for you today. This destroys my whole out look on life. Please help me understand this stuff. Do we make our own destinys or is it really written in the stars for us already?
    They are total rubbish
    romita Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Mar 24, 2009, 04:25 PM

They are NOT reliable just by reading them you're conditioning your mind to follow what the horoscope sais, and subconciously looking and sometimes finding things that look a lot like what the horoscope sais.
    You write your own destiny, if not why do we have free will?
    sendosha Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Apr 8, 2009, 11:38 PM
    I believe our destinys are written before we are born. What a daily horoscope in a newspaper says does not have any impact on us at all. It was all written long before. I don't know anything about free will.

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    If by "happy" you mean trapped with no means of escape, then yes I am happy.
    phoxphyer78 Posts: 38, Reputation: 0

Apr 9, 2009, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny View Post
    pretty much, if you follow the horoscopes, it means 1/12th of the world population will have the same day as you. the world population is currently over 6 billion, but we'll use that number.

roughly 500 million other people have the same horoscope that you do.

that means, if your horoscope says something along the lines of "beware, danger awaits you" that means...500 million people should have danger waiting for them.

...you believe that?

Couldn't have said it better myself...
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 10:55 AM
    no...
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sendosha View Post
    I believe our destinys are written before we are born. What a daily horoscope in a newspaper says does not have any impact on us at all. It was all written long before. I don't know anything about free will.

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    If by "happy" you mean trapped with no means of escape, then yes I am happy.
    I agree with you also our souls mission and reason for this life is also in the stars and we are all born at the exact time under the astrological sign that will allow us to fulfill our souls destiny in this lifetime
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 10:36 AM
    Swith to the sex horoscopes, at least they will be entertaining if not true.:)
    anon216 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2010, 08:55 PM
    Comment on lighterrr's post
    So if you believe that then the destiny of a homeless bum in New York was already written for him before he/she was born because of the stars said he or she deserves to be.
    katyfield Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 02:14 PM
    I have been reading a lot into my horoscopes a lot recently and after reading this I think il stop, its been doing me no good, if anything spoilt my day. Its true I looked and all the horoscopes had something else to say, although they used all the same planets etc that are supposedly aligned at this point in time. However trying to follow horoscopes has only made me more conscious and worried for my future. However I have become addicted to reading them and think from now on il do my best to avoid them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Horoscopes [ 2 Answers ]

How do you feel about Horoscopes? Do they effect your decesion during the day?

View more questions Search