Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karen85 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2005, 10:41 AM
    Economics
    I am taking micro and macro economics in college.I would like to find out if there web sites that I can use to help with my studies.I work part time to sustain myself so my time to study is being comprmised most days.

Thanks for sharing
    Karen
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2006, 01:39 AM
    Here is one link:
    http://www.socialstudieshelp.com/Eco...Class_Page.htm

I have a question for you: You are an MTA worker right? Why did you particiapte in the strike, did you not need the money for school? And now you have to pay that huge fine. Why would you do it. Mayor Bloomberg said that some workers did show up to work and those that did, got paid. I'm just curious.
    djocunningham Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2006, 11:04 AM
    I do not know of any economic tutorial websites. As a Ph.D. in economics, I can only offer one piece of advice, which is to focus on the specific topic and do not get caught up with reading everything on the subject. Economics is an exact science. When in doubt, consult a economics dictionary on line for the main idea. The best way to learn is to work through examples. Economics is difficult for some people because of the use of specific symbols and terms unique to the subject matter.

I have taught economics at major universities and studied economics for thirty years. I can tell you that there are about ten laws of economics in micro and macro you need to learn well, much like fundamental laws of physics. In micro, these laws consist of diminishing marginal returns, law of comparative advantage, the four market structures of pure competition, monopoly, monopolistic competiton, and oligopoly. With respect to macro, you need to master monetary and fiscal policy. There are several monetary and fiscal policy theories to learn. These are not laws like in physics, but theories on how to run a country.

If I can help you with a specific problem, please let me know.

Best,
    Jo Cunningham
    (804)355-1221

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Economics queries [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I need some information on (1) Comparative Advantage - Keynesian Economics (2) Effects and reasons for tariffs (3) under vs over valuation of currency and its consequences on the domestic economy

International economics [ 1 Answers ]

what is india's position in terms of purchasing power parity dollars?

View more questions Search