Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonny Jackson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 09:16 AM
    A degree in Early Childhood Development
    What does it take to get a degree in early childhood development? (every class and grades needed to get the degree) What can you do with the degree? Can I take a class online for this and if so is it credited the same?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 3, 2008, 09:21 AM
    All colleges and universities have different requirements, not to mention that each country has their own requirements also.

I would suggest you contact the college or university in your area for their catalog that will give you a basic outline of what you are looking for.

Also, let me remind you that with an education in Early Childhood development you will have to stay in that position, like it or not. However, if you go more for Education with a minor in early childhood education you can teach all ages rather than being stuck in only one area.

My niece has her Masters in ECE and has gotten burned out after only 4 years, but is stuck there as that is where her only education is. To do any other teaching would require her to go back to school, thus wasting time and money when she could have done that the first time around.
    MandiD Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 03:59 PM
    I have a degree in Early Childhood Education. I live in Oregon and I went to a community college and it took me almost 4 years going part time and being off in the summer. There are many classes that you have to take including your general ed classes... but let me tell you- my education classes were by far my favorite classes. My only advice is that take every ed class you can and make sure that its what you want to do. Because you aren't spending all of that time and money on something that your going to change your mind about in a year or two. I would talk to a college advisor about the requirements at your school of choice.

Good luck! If you have any questions let me know and I'll try to help you out!:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A toy from my childhood [ 18 Answers ]

I need help figuring out what the name of a toy I played with I was young. It was kind of an outdoor activity. I used to have a box full of pipes.. white plastic pipes and at the ends of them were little connectors so different pipes fit on the ends of others. There was all different shapes and...

Early Childhood [ 3 Answers ]

What Does it take to become a Early Childhood Teacher:p

Avoiding "degree mills", seeking real degree! [ 9 Answers ]

I started as an education major in the State University of NY Oswego. I made an unusual, and perhaps unwise decision to put my learning in first place, and made no efforts to get a degree. I read "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" by Ivan Illich, and got turned on to his untraditional, radical approach to...

View more questions Search