Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helenita10 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2008, 09:11 AM
    BRAZIL-holiday home insurance
    Hi there! I have a holiday home in Brazil and am having difficulty finding an insurance broker who deals with Brazilian properties. I just want basic structural insurance, not contents insurance. Check it out a .: Helen Website :.!
    Anyone got any good contacts or ideas?
    Thanks a lot, helen
    Rover88 Posts: 68, Reputation: 14

Jan 4, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Find a broker with access to Excess & Surplus lines markets (if your broker doesn't understand this, and many won't, find another broker!). Generally, this type of broker will deal only with another agent or broker, not the actual insured, so you may have to do some asking around within the insurance community.

This gives access to major international underwriters who can/will insure almost anything for a price (think of the Underwriters at Lloyd's). The underwriting process WILL take a while, not like calling your local guy to get Homeowner's coverage on a new house. These companies or consortiums are not covered by the same regulations as your domestic carriers (I assume you're based in the U.S.), so they can generally find a way to cover the out-of-the-ordinary risks.

Have you tried a local Brazillian broker?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home Owner's Insurance and New Roof [ 9 Answers ]

I need a new roof on my home. Can I use my homeowners insurance for a new roof? And, if so, with insurance companies the way they are these days, would their be a chance that they would drop me if I do this? Thanks

Have you been a student in Brazil? Do you know a student from Brazil? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking at the option of learning in brazil. I'm especially concerned about language and wanted to know if students in universities in brazil have to know (and learn) English?

Home owners insurance [ 2 Answers ]

This really happened & I am baffled by the result. A tree in my yard falls & hits one of my cars. The car only has liability insurance coverage on it. The car was a total loss. My first reaction was that the home owners policy will take care of that. Not.. Evidently it only covers acts of...

Auto and home insurance direct mail response rates [ 0 Answers ]

We would like information on actual or projected response rates for auto and home insurance direct mail solicitations for the past several years in the States. We are trying to factually identify direct mail response rate trends for the auto insurance industry, and map where our client stands...

View more questions Search