Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rsfd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2005, 10:08 AM
    Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen
    Hello everyone,

I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me get the address bar back to the top again?

Rob
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 1, 2006, 09:43 AM
    Which address bar arer you talking about? If you are referring to the Windows task bar, you just need to left click and hold down the button and drag the bar to the top.

Jan 1, 2006, 09:50 AM
    Address bar problem
    I can't make the address bar at the top of the screen come back. When I right click to bring up my choices, they are not lit up. I have resorted to having an address bar at the bottom of the screen. How do I make one appear at the top or am I doing something wrong?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2006, 10:18 AM
    Address bar
    Hi,
    When you right click anywhere on the gray area at the top of your screen, all the options are grayed out?
    This could be a Registry error, or an Internet Explorer error. If you use XP, I would try this:
    Re-boot the computer, and immediately start pressing and releasing the F8 key, top of keypad.
    Keep pressing and releasing it until you come to the "menu" screen.
    Use the up and down arrows on the keypad to select "Last Known Good Configuration", then press Enter.
    The computer will then restore the last know good Registry.
    Post back and let us know if this solves the issue.
    Best of luck.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 1, 2006, 10:31 AM
    Fyi
    Last Known Good Configuration only takes you back to the last successful log on, as with NT, so it will not resolve this issue.
    Why not just boot into safe mode and do a system restore to a date when it worked correctly.

Have you tried Views > Toolbars > and making sure Address Bar is checked ?

While you are in the Toolbars menu, uncheck Lock Toolbars and you should then be able to reposition them to your hearts content?

Jan 1, 2006, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rsfd
    I can't make the address bar at the top of the screen come back. When I right click to bring up my choices, they are not lit up. I have resorted to having an address bar at the bottom of the screen. How do I make one appear at the top or am i doing something wrong?
    You never answered what address bar this is? Is it on your Task bar? Is is some utility you downloaded? What??

Jan 1, 2006, 05:44 PM
    Address bar problem
    It is the internet exploter address bar located at the top of the screen...
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2006, 07:06 AM
    Hi,
    Did you follow curlyben's suggestion as to "unlock toolbars"?

Jan 2, 2006, 07:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rsfd
    It is the internet exploter address bar located at the top of the screen...
    It sounds, therefore like you are using the Address toolbar feature of the taskbar (right click on a blank area of the taskbar and select Toolbars). Then activate the Address toolbar. This will place the Address bar on your Taskbar.

Now if you want the address bar alone to be docked at the top of the screen, you have to first unlock the Taskbar, then drag JUST that toolbar all the way to the top of the screen. I just did it and it works.
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2006, 07:46 AM
    Right Click
    Hi,
    rsfd said in his original question that when he Right Clicked in the gray area, all options were grayed out.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 2, 2006, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Have you tried Views > Toolbars > and making sure Address Bar is checked ?

While you are in the Toolbars menu, uncheck Lock Toolbars and you should then be able to reposition them to your hearts content ??

Please try this option again as I believe it will resolve your issue.

You can then turn off the address bar in the task bar (at the bottom)

It may also help to run Windows Update and make sure you have ALL the current patches for Internet Explorer

Jan 2, 2006, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    rsfd said in his original question that when he Right Clicked in the gray area, all options were grayed out.
    Actually what he said was: "when I right click at the top of the page" Its not clear where he is right clicking. The specific place to right click is on a blank area of the Taskbar. As I said in my answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cleaning CD/DVD and screen [ 5 Answers ]

Are there any around-the-house stuff I can use that is safe for cleaning CD/DVDs and the monitor screen?

Screen Resolution problem [ 16 Answers ]

Hi. We use a hp pavilion f1703 flat screen monitor on Radeon 9200 series. Every time the computer restarts the screen resolution defaults to 640x480 and Low 8 bit colour. I can change the resolution to 800x600 and Highest (32 bit) colour but it doesn't remember that info when I restart the computer...

Screen [ 1 Answers ]

Customize my desktop? If not there should be laptop settings to set the resolution and screen size

Pc on, nothing on screen [ 5 Answers ]

My PC turns on, no boot, nothing on screen, help?

Screen flicker problem! [ 2 Answers ]

I am having some trouble with my laptop (Dell Inspiron 8100/WinXP Home), namely a really irritating flicker on the screen. The best way to describe it is that it looks like bands of buzzing pixels covering the entire screen. So if my menu bar is dark purple, I see flashes of pink. After a few...

View more questions Search