Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Jan 3, 2008, 06:55 AM
    Change a blower motor resistor
    Hey guys, I was hoping someone here knew how to change a blower motor resistor on a 2000 chevy venture? This will be my second one to go and I don't want to pay $100 if it is easy enough to change myself. What do you think. Any ideas? Thanks for the info in advance.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 3, 2008, 09:43 AM
    For the Main HVAC, not the rear?
    The Main HVAC resistor is mounted under the right hand side of the dash, next to the blower motor.

Name:  aa-.gif
Views: 3863
Size:  6.5 KB

Jan 3, 2008, 10:38 AM
    I think so. I didn't get it diagnosed so I am hoping that is what it is. The first 2 speeds on the switch do not work. It only works on 3 and up so I am guessing that is what it would be. I can get the item online for half the price at the dealer.

Judging by your picture, it seems real easy to get to. I found a similar picture online but not a way to get to it. Yours looks more accessible.

Thanks for the info.

Jan 8, 2008, 05:53 AM
    Thanks Captain Rich, this picture helped a lot for me to locate the blower resistor. It is in now and my heat works perfectly (well as good as a GM heater can work).

Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

Blower motor doesn't come on, turn up tstat and furnace lights?

Blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Coleman airhandler which is about eleven years old. I had a new Nordyne heatpump installed about a year and a half ago. It worked fine until a month ago, now the blower will only go off when the breaker is turned off. The thermostat has no effect on it, however the a/c cycles fine. Could...

Blower motor [ 2 Answers ]

My blower motor won't stop running . Heat or A/C compresor won't turn on. Tapped on relay still don't shut off. It is a Carrier model#58GS100-2 please help hott in here. Thanks

Capacitor size change for blower motor [ 2 Answers ]

general electric motor, direct drive, 5uf cap First check: when heat exchanger reached temp, the relay clicked but the blower fan just hummed. The bearings seem OK as a slight push causes a rotation that continues for some time. Also, such a slight push causes it to run fine for the cycle. ...

View more questions Search