Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    youngboy Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2005, 08:20 AM
    Young Father
    Hey my name is sam am 17 year old lad from northern ireland,my girlfriend came to me 1 day at a normal hospital check up and told me she was pregnant at first I was shocked but excited.

Now I need some help I started going out with this girl on the last Saturday in August I had sex with her that night but did not .

She cheated on me on the 2nd of September with another guy ":("
    But I am scared in case the child is his because as I said this is a big step for a 17 year old g/f is '19' , I slept with her again on the 3rd of September not noing what she had did.Once again I did not .

She had her period on the 5th of September finishing on the 11th
    I had sex with her from 10th September onwards around 5 to 6 times a day cuming every time.
    Outrageous I no lol.

She has been givein her dates the doctor said she was 12 weeks pregnant and went for her 12 week scan on the 1st of December.

Doctor said the baby is about the size of 12 weeks 4 days.
    Her due date is the 11th of June.
    22 week scan on the 26th of January I just can't get my own head around the dates what so ever and id like some help I don't no if anyone can help me on this but id like someone to if they could.

Right now am morely scared and confused because I do want to be a dad but I don't want to be bringing up another guys child because if there's a chance its his he deserves to no he's going to be a father.

Thanks YoungBoy.;)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2005, 08:33 AM
    Daddy?
    Hi,
    Have a DNA test done, to determine who the father is.
    Talk with the doctor at the hospital, and get some professional advice as to how to proceed with this.
    Best of luck to you, and Happy New Year.

Dec 31, 2005, 08:39 AM
    Hi,

When I mention about getting a dna test done she says OK np but she will hate me for it and stop me from seeing the kid if it is mine

She has swore she no's it is mine but u can't be to sure on these situations.

Thanks anyway All the best

Happy New Year.:D
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2005, 09:00 AM
    A genetic test done after the baby is born can confirm who the father is. I can't be sure what kind of facilities there are in Northern Ireland or what family law dictates in your country concerning what procedures are to be followed in determining paternity. Unfortunately the two of you are quite young so it's going to be very difficult raising a child at your age. You will no doubt need public assistance if it's available in your country. For your sake I feel that you should be tested to determine whether you are the dad. If you are then you've got some very difficult decisions to make. You may want to consult with a professional who can give you legal and personal advice on how best to proceed.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2005, 09:48 AM
    Stop you
    Hi,
    As another suggested, you might want to get some professional advice on this.
    But, in the US, she can't stop you from seeing the baby, if it's yours. It wouldn't matter if she gets mad over the DNA tests, you would still be the father, and have legal rights. But, in the US, you would also be faced with paying child support!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 1, 2006, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by youngboy
    Hey my name is sam am 17 year old lad from northern ireland,my girlfriend came to me 1 day at a normal hospital check up and told me she was pregnant at first i was shocked but excited.

Now i need some help i started going out with this girl on the last saturday in august i had sex with her that night but did not .

She cheated on me on the 2nd of september with another guy ":("
    But i am scared incase the child is his because as i said this is a big step for a 17 year old g/f is '19' , i slept with her again on the 3rd of september not noing what she had did.Once again i did not .

She had her period on the 5th of september finishing on the 11th
    I had sex with her from 10th september onwards around 5 to 6 times a day cuming everytime.
    Outrageous i no lol.

She has been givein her dates the doctor said she was 12 weeks pregnant and went for her 12 week scan on the 1st of december.

Doctor said the baby is about the size of 12 weeks 4 days.
    her due date is the 11th of june.
    22 week scan on the 26th of january i just can't get my own head around the dates wat so ever and id like some help i dont no if anyone can help me on this but id like some1 to if they could.

Right now am morely scared and confused because i do want to be a dad but i dont want to be bringing up another guys child because if theres a chance its his he deserves to no hes going to be a father.

Thanks YoungBoy.;)
    Hi dear. For a 17 year-old, you sound more mature than she at her age. Any woman who claims she's pregnant and has more than one man involved in this must accept the fact that the men have rights also. I'm certain that there is a law that even couples not married, the father will have to come up with some support or other, so if she expects this from you, then you also have a right to know if in fact you are the father. Check with legal aides to see what rights you have and follow their advice, no matter what this 'lady' threatens to do. If you are the biological father, then she will not have the right to keep the child from you, and who cares about her anger at this point - she's the one that acted irresponsible, and if you can prove her wrong-doing, then you also might be able to receive full custody of the baby. If you have the support of your parents, and they know the laws better than you or know where to get the appropriate information, get them involved in helping you, as they might enjoy the fact of being grandparents and support you all the way. I certainly wish you all the luck and hope you get your wish.
    Please keep us posted - you might eventually become our Irish fatherhood expert soon.

Happy New Year too!

Jan 2, 2006, 10:00 AM
    Thank you cherry I've took all your reply's into consideration and I will put them into actions.

Hope you all have a good 2006 and I will keep you's up to date on the process of things.

Your Sincerely Sam.:cool:
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Jan 2, 2006, 01:25 PM
    Everything that I think should have been said has been, but all I want to do is congratulate sam on how much maturity I have seen in this thread, as a 16 yearold the idea of my girlfriend being pregnant would definitely throw me for a spin, however I would want to be a part of my sons life and I am glad that you are trying to be it's father and that you are looking forward to it, a lot of times relationships don't work and the mother usually gets the kid, don't let that happen if you to break up, and I know you won't. I am just really proud of you and I have more hope for our generation after seeing this post. Good Luck in the future.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 2, 2006, 03:11 PM
    Please don't take this girl's word that the baby is your's especially when she admitted to sleeping with another guy. Definitely have a DNA test done, it is your right , not hers. She may be the mother of the child, but since there is a possibility that the child isn't yours she has to consent to it. No man should have to be forced into raising a child that isn't biologicallly theirs. That's not fair. And if the child is yours she cannot keep that child from you. As long as you are a fit father she can't keep your child away from you because she's mad. Good luck to you.
    Dustin2239 Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Dec 18, 2009, 04:34 AM

Get a DNA test and if it is your even if you anit together you need to do what's right Good Luck to you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Young and worried [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am a 20 year old woman and I have missed my period. I don't know why it is late. I haven't been sexually active for about three months and I came on my period last month but I went to the doctor after I got off my period last month and was given some medicating for a yeast infection. I...

Married young [ 12 Answers ]

I am 17 about to be 18. I am going to college this fall, and I have totally fallen in love. This is it, and we both know for a fact. She is only 16 and will be 17 in January. We know for a fact we will be together forever. WE KNOW! So we were just wondering what people think about a couple getting...

Too young to get married? [ 26 Answers ]

HI. I'm 19 and I go to college in fl. I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years. This past year we have been long distance because he is in the marine corps and stationed in NC. We want to get married and everyone thinks we are crazy. How do I know if I'm doing the right thing?

What is it with young girls? [ 28 Answers ]

I know there are SOME girls out there that are mature and don't do this but for the most part it seems that most girls when they turn 19 or so go on this bad streak. They feel like partying hard, being rebellious and just being wild in general. So much to the point that they will throw away a...

Married young [ 2 Answers ]

Got married at 19 nearly 20. We had been in a long distance relationship on and off for 2years. During this time only saw each other about five times and spent a few hours together.however its been nearly 4 years now and I feel I rushed into it as I feel I have changed in person. He is 8 years...

View more questions Search