Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karen85 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2005, 05:17 AM
    Hot water heating system
    Thans for your help in adavance,

I have a hot water heating system boiler with a red pump at the side of the boiler. I would like to know does the pump pushes the water through the
    System.or pull the water back to the boiler.:rolleyes:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2005, 08:37 AM
    Pumps do a much better job of pushing than sucking. The least little leak on the suction side of a pump draws air in and keeps the pump from pumping water. Therefore, the pump pushes water from the boiler through the system and back.
    karen85 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2005, 09:50 AM
    In real hot water
    Thank you for your reply.
    I have add a new zone for the attic with a one way thermostat controlled valve.but I find the water rise via the assumed return line.
    I have then asked many people the same question that I pose to you and the reply was 50... 50.
    I do concur with your theory,for that reason I have installed the way I did.

Thanks
    Karen
    doug1932 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2012, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by karen85 View Post
    Thans for your help in adavance,

I have a hot water heating system boiler with a red pump at the side of the boiler. I would like to know does the pump pushes the water through the
    System.or pull the water back to the boiler.:rolleyes:
    It is not a pump, it is a circulator. It only works in a closed , full system and moves the water in the direction of the arrow. Air in the system comstitutes a blockage ( just like you put a cork in the pipe ) And has to be purged out .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating system for log home [ 5 Answers ]

We are in the process of building a log home. 1. Size of the home is 1796 sq ft. second floor is 534 sq ft. catheral ceiling, home will be on full basement. 2. planning to use propeane for heat. And will have central air. 3. What would to the best size propane heat unit and central air...

Water heating system [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a new home (2800 sf each level main and basement) and will be doing a manifold distribution system with PEX piping. With the length of the house, I was planning on a two water heater system. Both 50 gal electric plumbed in tandem. If this seems feasible, would I just supply the...

Burping heating system [ 5 Answers ]

Last month I had several visits from my oil service people because of no heat in one of my zones (oil-fired, hot water, 3-Zone system). The solution was to bleed the system until the line essentially burped. Since those visits I've had to burp the lines myself (watched the techs carefully when they...

Water central heating system loses pressure [ 5 Answers ]

The central heating system in my 50 year old home seems to be losing water pressure. We thought it might be due to some pipes that were running in a concrete slab and had leaked. We bypassed that, but now the pressure is still not holding. We see no leaks anywhere. Any ideas?

View more questions Search